x

Why won't my square debit card work at atm's now

When I first started using my square debit card it worked fine. Now, this weekend it wont work. Any suggestions. Yes, there is money there.. lol

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

That's pretty weird @Tritter82

The only thing that would trigger this is hitting the maximum amount which can be withdrawn at an ATM which is $250 per transaction, $1,000 per day, $1,000 per week, $2,000 per month. Since that doesn't sound like the case for you, I recommend giving the Customer Success team a call so they can take a closer look at your card and these withdrawal attempts. 

Message 2 of 9

Thank you. I have reached out to them

Message 3 of 9

this is rediculous, you can only withdraw $1000in a two week period.....im going to close my card if this is correct!

Message 4 of 9
Admin

@sandhillstire

That is the limitation of the Square card - $250 per withdrawal at ATM's, $1000 weekly, and $2000 per month. 

You of course have the ability to use it as you wish to make purchases, but the withdrawal limits are the above listed limits for ATM's.  If you'd like to cancel your card, just reach out to our Customer Success team, they'll be happy to help you. 

Also, you can always transfer your funds to your linked bank account should you want to continue to use the Square Card, but transfer more funds between accounts.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 5 of 9

I'm trying $200

Message 6 of 9

When I try to get cash out of the atm or cash back,  it says limit exceeded.  I've not been able to use an atm for 3 days now

Message 7 of 9

Is there a way where we can expand those limits? 

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @noblec - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community with your question.

Unfortunately, we are not able to edit these limits at all. Sorry to bear the bad news here. If you need to reference the limits, please see @kellyj's response above.

Thank you for understanding.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9