x

I am a tax exempt organization - will Square remove tax from items automatically?

I am a tax exempt food establishment as we are within a healthcare organization.  When I enter my EIN does Square "get" this and accordingly remove tax from my items?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you don't add taxes to your items, your customers will not be charged tax. Square doesn't set up taxes for you. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5061

Message 2 of 5

Perfect, thanks!

Message 3 of 5

Does anybody know the proper practice to sell items on here non-taxed? Is there a way so I can track it as well? For example, I want to sell bread wholesale to a restaurant. I want to make sure I can track the non-taxed Item and send them an invoice at the end of the month.  

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hey there @PinelandMillen

You can exclude tax from your non-taxable items when editing your taxes in Dashboard. I've merged you to a thread where VanKalkerFarms linked a Support article that details steps on how to do so. 

To track these sales, you can pull a Taxable and Non-Taxable Sales Report directly from your Dashboard but it won't be itemized. However, I suggest cross referencing it with an Item Sales Report and filter by Taxes as well as Items Sold using the "+" icon to the far right of the header bar. That way you can get an overall scope of your bread sales. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5