x

Routerless Setup for Swap Meet/Farmers Market

I'd like to setup a system that doesn't require a router so I can do business outside of the store/house. I'm gonna run a CFO and so I won't be having a storefront, I'll be doing business at remote locations. I will have internet, but the android device will have a sim card. So if I setup a router, and connect the android device to it it'll default to that devices internet. I'm wanting to be able to print receipts without a wifi connection and I'm sure I'll have to bring a battery backup to provide electricity to my device.

I'm looking for an all-in-one cash drawer/receipt printer. Like the Mpop, something similar.

Thanks,

Mark

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

Any internet connection will work for you so long as it's strong enough to complete tasks such as logging in and processing payments. 

If not, you can use Offline Mode to take payments. 

In regards to printing receipts, Bluetooth printers aren’t supported for Android devices at this time. 

You can print receipts immediately following a payment from your supported Android device using a compatible USB or Ethernet interface printer. To print receipts from a USB printer, your Android device must support USB On-The-Go or USB Host mode to connect to the printer.

Message 2 of 5

How can i do the same, but with the cash drawer added?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Tchristiana 👋

If you already have a cash drawer, you should be able to connect via the USB hub connected to your POS unit. If you are in the market for a printer that is compatible with this setup, I would take a look into our Printer Driven Cash Drawer.

Let me know if I misunderstood your setup! - I am here to help.  

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

I sell at farmers markets use my phone with the Square POS and send receipts from there via email or text.

No need for a printer.

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 5 of 5