x

Out of stock online

I m ready to launch my online store. I have stocked the items but it shows out of stock on the preview. Why and how do I fix it

Message 1 of 45
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Out of stock online

Hard to describe where the heck I was but

squareup.com/dashboard/items/library/somecrypticitemnumber

then you should be looking at your item in edit mode. Scroll down to Variations. Top right of that section there is a link 'Edit variation details'. Click that to pop up a window. Then center top of that is another link to Manage Stock.  In there you see your locations with a check box and the stock count for each location. I think I saw that if either location was stock=0 then I would continue to see the message. I had to mess around with the checkbox and the stock count in there. But be patient because there is a delay in the sync. It doesn't show on the buyer side right away-- give it a minute or two. Definitely not straightforward/ user friendly/ or well documented.

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi all, I found the source of the problem on another thread. You need to go in and finish updating the pickup and delivery options! That fixed it for me.

Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Super Seller

Hey @ChefKeith 

Could be a couple of things. First, try clearing your cache on your web browser. I've noticed that the online store doesn't like to refresh itself when you're dealing with stock issues. A fresh look at the site will probably solve this.

If it doesn't check your item stock settings on both the online store and the item in the web dashboard. I've seen times where it doesn't sync perfectly. Turning off and on item stock usually clears anything odd.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 45

None of these solutions have helped. We still show OUT OF STOCK.
I'm beyond frustrated and we are trying to complete a fundraiser bake sale before Christmas. 

Also we can not get the About Section to show on our page. We continually get errors, it says it published then not there. 

I have done the following:

Cleared Cache

Cleared Cookies

Added Inventory

Made it Invisible, then Visible again

Removed Inventory Tracking - as we don't need it - we are made to order

At this point, I am ready to delete and go somewhere else. How do I reach a human that will have some form of answers to get this resolved. 

Thanks - 

Billie Jo

Message 3 of 45

Did you try going in and finishing updating the pickup and delivery options? That fixed it for me.

Message 4 of 45

We just started our Square website and synced it with our account but all of the stock in the online version says out of stock, all of it. Has someone else experienced this? Please help!

Thanks

Message 5 of 45
Admin

Hey @Amitabha!

Welcome to the Seller Community! Thank you for posting ๐ŸŒ 

Do you items have stock when you go to Square Dashboard > Square Online > Items > Select item? 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 45

Hey Isabelle, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

When I go into Square online>items library>edit item>update stock> I can see there is stock there but when I go to edit the site and preview the site it says "out of stock". So it's saying I'm out of stock when I'm not. MMnh

Message 7 of 45
Square Community Moderator

Hey! I've merged your post to an existing thread where @ryanwanner helped answer a similar question. This should get you on the right track, but please let us know if you have any other questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 45

Yes, I did have stock entered. I even waited 24 hours. It still showed Out of Stock. Today I removed the Stock visibility. 

Message 9 of 45

Heya @WYOCATERING,

Sorry you're having trouble getting your stock to show as available.

I'd recommend contacting our direct E-Comm CS team who can help you immediately. The Seller Community is intended for seller to seller conversations and you won't always get a reply right away here.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 45

I had the same problem and used the following corrections.

• Go to Online/Settings/Item settings
  • Go to Edit the Items status 
  • Change the Out of stock to "off"
  • If you are concerned with your inventory running out, change the Low inventory indicator to "on"

It worked for me.

Good luck 

Message 11 of 45

Best Answer

Hi all, I found the source of the problem on another thread. You need to go in and finish updating the pickup and delivery options! That fixed it for me.

Thanks!

Message 12 of 45

How do you do this?  I'm having the same issue.  All my items are out of stock.  Changed the out of stock notifier in item settings as well

Message 13 of 45

Yes! Thank you, this fixed my "out of stock" issue!!!

Message 14 of 45

This fixed the issue. Thank you 

Message 15 of 45

So I tried turning that on but then it made it so m customers dont have the option to ship things. So what do I do.

Message 16 of 45

Hello, Hopefully you have figured it out but, I had been trying for months to get my products to stop showing out of stock.

I had one that was working and I went back to check the settings. I had changed everything including stock.  What worked in the end was when changed my location setting by un-checking the available location and it worked.  I did this for all my items and none of them are showing out of stock any more,

I Checked All My Working Settings And Here Is What I have ....... First Go To Edit Item - Then Change Location Setting if You Have It Checked, The Go To Variations,  Click On Edit Variation Details,  Then Manage Stock, It Should Show What Location Where Item Is Available, And Then I Turned Off Tracking and That Will Turn Off the Out of Stock.  Everything Is Working Wonderfully.  I hope this works for whoever, is having this problem.

May Your Business Be a Success and Exceed Your Expectations.

Message 17 of 45

Yes that will fix it if you click on shipping, I want to do local deliver only. If I do local delivery only it shows out of stock.

Message 18 of 45

I have updated all my products and I have entered stock for every single one. Yet each one still says OUT OF STOCK on my online store...how do I fix this?

Message 19 of 45

Hiya @brookiebakesaz and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to one of the existing threads that addresses this issue. 

Check out the Best Answer and answers throughout to see if this fixes it for you!

Ashley C
Message 20 of 45

Hi ashc

Do you have a link to the post you moved the existing threads that addresses this issue?

Thanks

Message 21 of 45