x

Out of stock online

I m ready to launch my online store. I have stocked the items but it shows out of stock on the preview. Why and how do I fix it

Message 1 of 45
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Out of stock online

Hard to describe where the heck I was but

squareup.com/dashboard/items/library/somecrypticitemnumber

then you should be looking at your item in edit mode. Scroll down to Variations. Top right of that section there is a link 'Edit variation details'. Click that to pop up a window. Then center top of that is another link to Manage Stock.  In there you see your locations with a check box and the stock count for each location. I think I saw that if either location was stock=0 then I would continue to see the message. I had to mess around with the checkbox and the stock count in there. But be patient because there is a delay in the sync. It doesn't show on the buyer side right away-- give it a minute or two. Definitely not straightforward/ user friendly/ or well documented.

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi all, I found the source of the problem on another thread. You need to go in and finish updating the pickup and delivery options! That fixed it for me.

Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

I'm having the same problem with the online store showing Out of Stock.  I've tried everything and nothing seems to fix it.  need help please.

Message 22 of 45

Did you get this corrected. Im having the same issue

Message 23 of 45

Attempted multiple times to update stock in the item library. Stock count automatically reverts back to 0 and all items in the online store do not show as out of stock but when you attempt to add an item to the cart it shows the item as out of stock.

Message 24 of 45
Admin

Hey @nadamgreen! โœจ

Can you take a look at this thread and see if the best answer resolves your issue? 

If not, please give us a call before 6pm PST today so we can look into this. 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 25 of 45

this sends us back to the same thread. I need help

Message 26 of 45

Hello, Hopefully you have figured it out but, I had been trying for months to get my products to stop showing out of stock.

I had one that was working and I went back to check the settings. I had changed everything including stock.  What worked in

the end was when changed my location setting by un-checking the available location and it worked.  I did this for all my items and 

none of them are showing out of stock any more,

I Checked All My Working Settings And Here Is What I have ....... First Go To Edit Item - Then Change Location Setting if You Have It Checked, The Go To Variations,  Click On Edit Variation Details,  Then Manage Stock, It Should Show What Location Where Item Is Available, And Then I Turned Off Tracking and That Will Turn Off the Out of Stock.  Everything Is Working Wonderfully.  I hope this works for whoever, is having this problem.

My Your Business Be a Success and Exceed Your Expectations.

Message 27 of 45

None of the suggestions worked for me. I am apparently using the Weebly app, which is not really clear that you are 'somewhere else' that gets synced (and not very immediately). In my case, I found that since I have 2 locations, I needed to update the stock in BOTH store locations IN WEEBLY in order for the Out Of Stock message to work properly.

Message 28 of 45

How did you update IN WEEBLY? Im having the same issue. None of these other solutions are working.

Message 29 of 45

Hard to describe where the heck I was but

squareup.com/dashboard/items/library/somecrypticitemnumber

then you should be looking at your item in edit mode. Scroll down to Variations. Top right of that section there is a link 'Edit variation details'. Click that to pop up a window. Then center top of that is another link to Manage Stock.  In there you see your locations with a check box and the stock count for each location. I think I saw that if either location was stock=0 then I would continue to see the message. I had to mess around with the checkbox and the stock count in there. But be patient because there is a delay in the sync. It doesn't show on the buyer side right away-- give it a minute or two. Definitely not straightforward/ user friendly/ or well documented.

Message 30 of 45

Hi,

Trying to create an online store, but items say out of stock. I don't know how to fix this.

Thank you.

Message 31 of 45
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @drew4 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have you checked the dashboard to make sure your items are assigned to the correct location, and stock is set? Can you post a link to one of the items on your website that is showing out of stock? 

Message 32 of 45

Good Luck they obviously dont know how to fix it either.

Message 33 of 45

No kidding!  Still an issue 4/21/2022

Message 34 of 45

Hello, Hopefully you have figured it out but, I had been trying for months to get my products to stop showing out of stock. None of the solutions given worked for me.  And I am not one who gives up.

I had one item that was working (not showing out of stock) and I went back to check the settings. I had changed everything including stock.  What worked in the end was when changed my location setting by un-checking the available location and it worked.  I did this for all my items and none of them are showing out of stock any more.  But, All the settings that worked for me are as Below.

I Checked All My Working Settings And Here Is What I have ....... First Go To Edit Item - Then Change Location Setting if You Have It Checked, The Go To Variations,  Click On Edit Variation Details,  Then Manage Stock, It Should Show What Location Where Item Is Available, And Then I Turned Off Tracking and That Will Turn Off the Out of Stock.  Everything Is Working Wonderfully.  I hope this works for whoever, is having this problem.

My Your Business Be a Success and Exceed Your Expectations.

Message 35 of 45

I'm not sure I understand you. Did you uncheck, i.e make unavailable at a location, all your locations and now your item is available online?  That can't be right?  I have to be misunderstanding you.  Nothing I have tried is working.  I use stock tracking for purchasing so I need to keep it on for one location.  It used to work fine.  Suddenly half of my items are "out of stock" online (while fully in stock on my dashboard!) and there is no rhyme or reason to which ones.  When I check items, those showing out of stock are set up identically to those showing in stock.  This is beyond frustrating!

Thank you for your time and any info you can give.

Message 36 of 45

I have the same issue...have tried all solutions still have a sold out store despite having tons of inventory...at this point I give up, I dont need to be this extra with sales and I will just continue to sell the way I have been selling. obviously this is a huge issue for Square given the number of threads and questions dedicated to this topic.  And complete lack of a fix. 

Message 37 of 45
Beta Member

Yeah, this feels super cumbersome. Even if we add inventory to our store we have to toggle the switch in the item for the square online store that says "Mark as out of stock online" - this should be more streamlined.

Message 38 of 45

Hey @LaxLlama & @ZDeli

I recommend checking out my answer here, if you are still experiencing that issue, please let me know!

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 39 of 45

Agreed, and half the time I can't even find that blasted switch to toggle it!

Message 40 of 45

Sorry that the solutions here did not work for you @kaciek

I'd recommend contacting our direct E-Comm CS team who can help you immediately. The Seller Community is intended for seller-to-seller conversations and you won't always get an instant here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 41 of 45

Hello, Hopefully, you have figured it out; I had been trying for months to get my products to stop showing out of stock. None of the solutions given worked for me. And I do not give up until I figure out a solution.

I had only two items working (not showing out of stock), so I checked the settings. I had changed everything, including the stock setting. Although, it wasn't necessary in the end for my site. What worked, in the end, was when I changed my location setting by un-checking the available location, and it worked.

I did this for all my items, and none of them are showing out of stock anymore. But, All the settings that worked for me are as Follows.

I Checked My Working Settings And Here Is What I have.

First, Go To Edit Items - Click Item To Edit
(This Has To Be Done For Each Item)
Change the Location Setting if You Have It Checked, Go-To Variations,
Click On Edit Variation Details,
Then Manage Stock, It Should Show What Location in Which Item Is Available,
And Then I Turned Off Tracking and That Will Turn Off the Out of Stock.

Everything Is Working Wonderfully. I hope this works for whoever is having this problem.

May Your Business Be a Success and Exceed Your Expectations.

Message 42 of 45