x

Out of stock online

I m ready to launch my online store. I have stocked the items but it shows out of stock on the preview. Why and how do I fix it

Message 1 of 45
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Out of stock online

Hard to describe where the heck I was but

squareup.com/dashboard/items/library/somecrypticitemnumber

then you should be looking at your item in edit mode. Scroll down to Variations. Top right of that section there is a link 'Edit variation details'. Click that to pop up a window. Then center top of that is another link to Manage Stock.  In there you see your locations with a check box and the stock count for each location. I think I saw that if either location was stock=0 then I would continue to see the message. I had to mess around with the checkbox and the stock count in there. But be patient because there is a delay in the sync. It doesn't show on the buyer side right away-- give it a minute or two. Definitely not straightforward/ user friendly/ or well documented.

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi all, I found the source of the problem on another thread. You need to go in and finish updating the pickup and delivery options! That fixed it for me.

Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

i am having this same problem and I don't want to eliminate stock tracking.  This is getting beyond ridiculous.  How do I fix this?  It should be very basic.

Message 43 of 45

i think you need to go to items/settings/inventory

add the locations to inventory management.

those are my settings and everything works ok.

Message 44 of 45

I realize this was posted two years ago but I was still trying to solve this problem on my own 'Food and Beverage Preparation' site and found this thread... (So this solution will probably not work for people with product shipment sites).

Maybe I can help someone because my issue was I forgot to fill out the Fulfillment Status on my new online site for my coffee shop. My published site was showing 'OUT OF STOCK' for all items, regardless of me filling out the stock, or turning off stock tracking etc. 

Since I didn't want to enable third-party delivery service I ignored this section: Pickup & Delivery.

Once I enabled 'pick-up' and set up the times I realized I didn't have to also have a delivery option selected. Now my site works.

Message 45 of 45