x
Admin

2021: What's Testing Now

Welcome to the new year Beta Testers. 

So glad that we've made it this far and we have so many opportunities for you this year.

To get added to one of the listed betas, click to the enrollment link, and we’ll add you to the test pool if available. Beta offerings are updated about once a week. If there is no current linked area, this is coming soon as this is a constantly changing post.

Featured Betas

Square Online

🇺🇲 🇨🇦 🇬🇧 🇯🇵 🇦🇺

Interested in finding out what newest features are being tested in Square Online? 

Our dedicated testing group allows you to raise your hand for these newest features and preview them before the rest of the world. Join in by requesting to be a part of this group.

**Becoming a part of our Square Online testing group requires an active Square Online store.

Currently Recruiting/Testing

Field Testing Groups

We’ve recently began broad betas and ongoing field testing groups. These are groups dedicated to testing products over time, and there will be no specific end of the test. If you choose to enroll, updates are sent to you before the rest of the broad Square market and your feedback is essential to making sure we’re launching products that are working as intended and useful to your business. You can choose to leave these groups, but if you are enrolled, we’ll be sending you updates on occasion but will consider you as part of our long term test audience.

Great! Let’s do this!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 42
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

2021: What's Testing Now

Welcome to the new year Beta Testers. 

So glad that we've made it this far and we have so many opportunities for you this year.

To get added to one of the listed betas, click to the enrollment link, and we’ll add you to the test pool if available. Beta offerings are updated about once a week. If there is no current linked area, this is coming soon as this is a constantly changing post.

Featured Betas

Square Online

🇺🇲 🇨🇦 🇬🇧 🇯🇵 🇦🇺

Interested in finding out what newest features are being tested in Square Online? 

Our dedicated testing group allows you to raise your hand for these newest features and preview them before the rest of the world. Join in by requesting to be a part of this group.

**Becoming a part of our Square Online testing group requires an active Square Online store.

Currently Recruiting/Testing

Field Testing Groups

We’ve recently began broad betas and ongoing field testing groups. These are groups dedicated to testing products over time, and there will be no specific end of the test. If you choose to enroll, updates are sent to you before the rest of the broad Square market and your feedback is essential to making sure we’re launching products that are working as intended and useful to your business. You can choose to leave these groups, but if you are enrolled, we’ll be sending you updates on occasion but will consider you as part of our long term test audience.

Great! Let’s do this!

41 REPLIES 41
Beta Member

I've seen some discussion re: beta testing for Appointment payments on Terminal. I can't seem to find it listed here, but if it is available we would be very willing to participate. 

Message 22 of 42
Square

@AutumnVHL It isn't part of our current beta for Commissions but the team is working on developing override rules for Commissions to set exception rules for specific services or items. Appointments doesn't have connecting Terminal in the current roadmap but it is something on the teams radar when planning improvements.

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 23 of 42
Beta Member

Question: Is there any way to change my Beta Tester's email address while keeping my main Square account email the same? I didn't see any option under the SellerCommunity account preferences for email addresses. My Finance Department is getting tired of having to forward me the Seller Community emails that keep coming to them 🙂

Message 24 of 42
Beta Member

Hi! Any chance being able to change what employee receives credit for a service is in the works? Thanks!

Message 25 of 42
Square

Hi @user12039123 Are you hoping to change sales attribution AFTER a payment has been taken? This is on our Appointments teams radar for a future improvement of Commissions. I don't know the exact timeline but if it is something that comes to our Beta Program we'll be sure to share.

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 26 of 42
Beta Member

Yes! After the sale has been taken. This would be extremely helpful.

Message 27 of 42
Beta Member

Question regarding bulk actions/editing.  I'm interested in archiving old items that come back around from time to time but are not always "live".  If that makes sense.  Is that possible or can I make that request?

Megan
Message 28 of 42
Super Seller

I saw somewhere about a Beta testing for Time Off Requests in Team? Is that still open for testing? I couldn't find anything on it. 

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 29 of 42
Super Seller

We also would Love to test this!

Message 30 of 42
Square

Hey there @sugarlab & @dasap1234, that Beta is wrapping up soon but I snuck you both in now. Check out this thread for the details.

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 31 of 42
Super Seller

YAY!!! 

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 32 of 42
Super Seller

Hi @kellyj,

I see "Pay with Cash with Square Online" in the currently testing. But didn't see any posts related to it, is that actually for paying with cash or paying with the Cash App?

Message 33 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hey @LLCafe! This is referring to the Pay with Cash App beta feature we are currently testing. All posts related to this beta are housed within the private Pay with Cash App group. As a heads up, I just sent you an invite to join the group since I see that you have this feature enabled on your account!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 34 of 42
Beta Member

Hello Kelly, I have some feature suggestions. I think it would be cool if you create a custom label for the customers tab. Where we would be able to make a group for clients that fit the label. I think we should be able to color code the label and add a customer to that label group like VIP Clients, Banned Clients, Credit Card Declined. When we search the client the label should be at the top of the profile as a warning sticker. Also it would be great if other team members could receive an email when an invoice is paid. Currently only the owner receives it. Also a notification at the top of the dashboard would help too. The team members just never received the update or status and sometimes they forget to check because they don’t receive a notification. Also it would be great to add back the delete button for notes on the customers profile sidebar on the calendars page. We always have to go to the customers profile to delete the profile note. Also under team permission you have this new feature to block out the email address and phone numbers of the customers information which is great but the phone number still shows under the loyalty section both on the register and dashboard which defeats the purpose of hiding the customers information. It would be great to add a feature where we can select which clients are banned and can’t book and the appointment request automatically declined and people who credit card declined when trying to charge the cancellation is mark to pay a deposit. 

The invoices never have the time the invoice was paid it always show minutes or hours ago. For Teams: if we can have a note section to add notes for employees  when there late, called out, for employees  incidents, or complaints to keep a paper trail that would be great. I think this section should allow us to select the date and time of the incident. For appointment confirmations I think it should show who confirmed customer or business and when. 

It doesn’t show the refund history under activity only the purchases in the customers profile. It should be correspondent notes in every appointment with staff members because notes play an important role. It should show a Reschedule history in the appointment that was rescheduled along with correspondents notes from staff if there were any issues during the service or visit so we can communicate as a team and stay on the same page because we sometimes work different shifts and not aware of the incidents until we read the notes. 

I think the contracts should be attached to certain appointments that require them. 

Message 35 of 42
Beta Member

Hi Kelly,

Not sure I'm in the right place. I had requested to be part of the pre-order beta, and tried to set up the options in my store, but clearly I am doing something wrong, because the Beta options aren't available. Please advise.

Thank you,

Dan

Message 36 of 42
Beta Member

Hi

not sure how to DM you but I would like to try this please 

• Pay with Cash with Square Online | Please send Kellyj or DannyH a DM

Message 37 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Desenca! Currently the Pay with Cash App beta programs are only being tested in the US 🇺🇸 so unfortunately you won't be able to test at this time. 

As for sending a DM, you can either hover your cursor over a username and select Send Message or click on your username in the top right of the page > Message > Compose. 

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 38 of 42
Beta Member

Hi,

Ah ok I thought it was actual cash that customers could choose to pay instore when they collect their order 

Message 39 of 42
Beta Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a few suggestions/requests. I've noticed you can't change who a sale is attributed to after the sale has been processed. It'd be extremely helpful to be able to make that adjustment when dealing with commissioned employees. Right now, it seems you'd have to have a POS set up for each employee to keep proper tracking of commissions.

Also, in regard to commissions, you only allow for sales tiers. Is there any plan to allow us to set up commission rates for certain items, categories or services? Similar to how you allow discounts to be applied to specific items or services.

Speaking of discounts, when creating an automated discount, you get 3 options but you have to choose only one of the 3. Any chance we'd get the option to combine selections? For instance, I want to create an automated discount to apply to a specific set of items for a specific group of clients. As it stands, I have to choose between specific items, purchase amounts, or customer groups. I can't combine them.

Message 40 of 42
Beta Member

Yes! Changing who a sale is attributed to after the sale has been processed should be a high priority for Square. I've seen so many sellers asking for it and there is rarely a response from anyone at Square about it. 

Message 41 of 42
Beta Member

Hi Kelly, 

Can you help with email marketing for the UK, is it still in Beta? If not how can I add to my plan?

Thanks in advance.

Message 42 of 42