x
Square Community Moderator

Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

We've heard your feedback and we are proud to announce that the beta for decimal quantities is now live for iOS! (Please note that this feature is not yet available on Android or for Invoices)

Decimal quantities enables you to sell exact quantities in the unit(s) of measure you use to conduct your business—ounces, pounds, yards, gallons, etc. By previewing decimal quantities on your Square Point of Sale, you will be able to:

• Create items to sell in decimal quantities
  • Check out customers purchasing items in decimal quantities
  • View decimal quantity items in your cart summary
  • Review sales by item quantities
  • Refund items with decimal quantities
  • Issue and display digital and printed receipts with decimal quantities
  • Review your inventory and transactions with decimal quantities in Dashboard

115300cd3f0d8997e4128.png

11526ac8f40bebdc582e3.pngIMG_2243.jpeg

By participating in this beta and providing us with feedback, you will directly influence and improve this feature. If interested, please comment to this post or reach out to betafeedback@squareup.com. From there, we'll reach out directly with the next steps! 

Thanks!

Phil, Square Beta Team

Message 1 of 288
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

Hi all - Our feature to bill by decimal quantities is starting to roll out now. Keep an eye out for the feature being available in your dashboard over the next week or so. 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone for your interest and for your help testing this feature on iOS. We have now launched this feature on iOS for all merchants! 

For instructions on how to use this feature on your account, please visit our FAQ page: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6681

We are currently testing this feature for Androids. If you are interested in testing this feature on Android devices, please post here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Decimal-Quantities-Beta-is-Live-for-Android-De...

Thanks again!

View Best Answer >

Message 288 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

The feature has been turned on for your account! Please keep an eye out for my email with instructions on how to get started

Message 22 of 288

Hallelujah!!! Please sign us up!

[Personal Information Redacted]

When will it be coming out for computer use?

Message 23 of 288
Admin

No need to share your email address(es) @tcmconsulting. The beta team will email you at the address tied to your Square account with more details. We'll announce any additional features to the beta as they come up! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 24 of 288

The feature has been turned on for your account! Please keep an eye out for my email with instructions on how to get started

Message 25 of 288

Does this include my staff accounts?

Message 26 of 288

Yes! Anyone logged into your Square account (including staff) can sell items using decimal quantities! 

Message 27 of 288
Super Seller Alumni

Super cool! Thanks for the update and all the hard work on making it happen!
This is going to make so many sellers really happy!

And even cooler that you added a bunch of units, and support for custom units! There's a lot of potential there!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 28 of 288

Hi! I went ahead and turned this feature on for your account. I'll send out a separate email soon with instructions! 

Message 29 of 288

We would love to be included in this! One feature that we have impatiently been waiting for. 

Message 30 of 288

HI! Thank you for your interest! This feature has been turned on for your account. I'll send instructions to your email address shortly! 

Message 31 of 288

Hello, 

We would like to be included in this beta testing.  We sell bulk candy by the pound.  This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Thank you

Message 32 of 288

I sell Alaskan seafood by the pound, i can not wait to get this set up. Please contact me.

FIsh From Trish

Message 33 of 288

Hi Trish! This feature is now turned on for your account and I sent a separate email with instructions!

Message 34 of 288

Just got in the beta-been waiting years for this!  Woohoo! Very happy so far!

Message 35 of 288

Hi!

We sell our meat by the lb, so we would love to be in on the beta phase! Without being able to enter the weight, it makes it much more difficult to calculate our sales.

Thank you,

Randa Starnes

Message 36 of 288

Hi Randa! 

Thanks for your interest. You are now able to use this feature on your account. I have sent an email with further instructions! 

Message 37 of 288

Please sign me up to Beta test this. Thanks!

Message 38 of 288

Hi Gary! 

This feature is now turned on for your account! Please check out your email for further instructions on how to get set up. 

Message 39 of 288

Hi!

We would like to have this decimal quantities beta at our market if possible! 

Thank you!

Message 40 of 288

Hi! This feature has been turned on and you should have recieved an email with further instructions! 

Message 41 of 288

how do we sign up for decimal quantities beta?

Rick 

Message 42 of 288