x

Receipt / No Receipt Prompt

Hi everyone

Does square currently have the capacity to prompt and then not produce a reciept? We waste so much paper when the customer doesn't want one.

Thanks

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @OurCoffeeHouse,

You can absolutely do this!

1. From the main menu, go to "Settings"

2. Select "Printers"

3. Click on the printer station in use

4. Scroll down to the option "Automatically Print Receipts" and switch it off

5. Press "Save"

Now when you go to the receipt screen there should be a "Print Receipt" button that you can press to print a receipt, rather than a receipt being automatically printed very time 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @WatsonZayd,

For clarification, did you see Seamus' post on this board about how to automatically stop receipts from printing? Is there a specific feature that you are not seeing or looking to add in?

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 26

If you're asking for advice on how to request a receipt or handle situations where a receipt might be needed, here's a prompt you can use:

---

"Hi there,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on our recent transaction/purchase [provide details if necessary].

Would it be possible for you to provide a receipt for the transaction? Having a receipt would help me keep accurate records for my records/tax purposes/expense reimbursement [choose the appropriate reason].

If you have the receipt readily available, could you please send it to me via email or mail it to my address? Alternatively, if you can provide the necessary information, I can also generate a receipt myself.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this matter. Please let me know if you need any additional information from my end.

Best regards,
[Your Name]"

---
If you're providing a service or selling a product and want to prompt the customer for feedback on whether they need a receipt, you can use a prompt like this:

"Hello,

Thank you for choosing [Your Business Name] for your [service/product]. We hope you are satisfied with your experience.

We would like to ensure that all our customers have the necessary documentation for their records. Would you like us to provide a receipt for your recent transaction?

Please let us know if you require a receipt, and we will be happy to send one to you promptly.

Thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best regards,
[Your Name]
[Your Contact Information]"

These prompts can help facilitate communication regarding receipts in various situations. Adjust the language as needed to fit your specific circumstances.

Message 23 of 26

Certainly! If you're asking for a receipt or prompting someone to request one, you might use a message like this:

---

"Hello,

I hope this message finds you well.

As we've completed our transaction/purchase/service [provide specific details], I wanted to ensure you have all the documentation you need.

Would you like me to provide a receipt for your records? If so, please let me know, and I'll be happy to send it to you promptly.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thank you for your business!

Best regards,
[Your Name]
[Your Contact Information]"

---

This message is polite and offers the recipient the opportunity to request a receipt if needed, without assuming that they require one. Adjust the language as necessary based on your specific situation.

Message 24 of 26

Yes, Square does have the capability Techs slassh to prompt customers for their receipt preference and then not produce a receipt if the customer chooses not to receive one. This feature helps businesses reduce paper waste and streamline their opera

Once this feature is enabled, Square will prompt customers during the checkout process to indicate whether they want to receive a receipt. If the customer selects not to receive a receipt.

Message 25 of 26

If you have a receipt, keep it in a safe place for potential returns or warranty claims. Without a receipt, check if the store can provide a duplicate or use alternative proof of purchase like bank statements. Some retailers offer digital receipts that can be accessed online or through email. Additionally, consider registering products online for easier tracking and support. Finally, for larger purchases, consider purchasing extended warranties or insurance plans for added protection.

regards: construction estimations llc

Message 26 of 26