x

Reward available, but message says no eligible items at checkout?

Customers have enough points to redeem a reward,  At checkout they select redeem reward, points get deducted, but discount is not applied.  System asks for an eligible item even though all items in the cart are eligible and still won't apply the discount earned. If you select an eligible item, the system still says no eligible items found.  I am having to manually add a loyalty discount as a workaround for a system that used to be so easy to operate.  This is confusing for customers and employees.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @buloneentllc

When a reward is redeemed, the customer may show the pending charge at the full amount, but when it's finalized it will reflect the discounted price. 

You can check out more information on redeeming rewards with this Support Article.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

This doesn't seem to make much sense.  What is a customer is paying cash and they don't want/care to use any kind of a cash app?

Message 3 of 6

Ah okay, @buloneentllc. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps for these items? Here are some options for troubleshooting when it comes to redeeming rewards. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 6

Yes, I have tried the trouble shooting options.  All items in my store are eligible for all locations in question. It just doesn't make any sense when it used to work so effortlessly. Also, why would it wait to apply to discount on credit card transactions until after the sale is completed and the customer has already paid when I have already confirmed they are eligible for for the reward?

I am going to clarify the sequence of steps- 

All items are selected for purchase and entered into POS, then phone number/name is entered to verify if they have enough points to redeem a reward. If they do, then I select redeem reward (points are deducted), a screen comes up that says select the item to add??  The items are already in the cart prior to this point. but no value change occurs.

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for giving those options a try, @buloneentllc. I am going to suggest reaching out to our CS Team, so they can take a deeper look into this. If it's a bigger issue, they will be able to file a ticket with our engineers too. 

Go ahead and use this information to contact them: 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

Kassi
Message 6 of 6