x

Why can't I change the name of the person used to create the account?

for what i understadn i can not change the name of when i open the account ? but what if the person that open the square account does not have anything to do with the business. ? does that affect ? im confused>>

Message 1 of 50
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @toñita - Currently, Square accounts are permanently tied to the person whose information was used to open them. We recommend that it be opened under whoever owns or is permanently involved with the business. If you have someone opening the Square account on your behalf, you would just need to ask them to enter your personal information during signup.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 50

Best Answer

Yes we can now transfer the account name online in dashboard-account. 

Did it yesterday, worked in about 10 minutes.

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Square Community Moderator

You can find the step-by-step Account Ownership transfer guide here @DavidCamp @Gembrain

Message 43 of 50

Thank you, Arie! You're terrific!

Message 44 of 50

Would you give us a step by step in how to do it?

Message 45 of 50

Hello,

Ive changed my last name for on the taxes page but my clients are still getting emails and texts with my maiden name. Has this been updated by now??? Surely.....

Message 46 of 50

Welcome to the Community, @heatherlefty

How long ago did you change your name on your tax information & on your account? I would recommend checking in your Account Settings too. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 47 of 50

I've done that but it will only allow me to edit the name of my business not my personal name...makes no sense. I did that in June I believe 

Message 48 of 50

Thank you for confirming, @heatherlefty

At the moment, changing the information on your tax information is all you will be able to change. We don't have the option to change the activation name on the account. 

This is a huge Feature Request with our sellers to implement in the future. Feel free to check out our Ideate Board to post the request for our Product Team to review. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 49 of 50

I think so I am late here but new users, they should choose the perfect name from cool names finder website, it will guide you in choosing the best name for your brand.

Message 50 of 50