x
Beta Member

Customer loyalty points expiration notifcation

Is there any way that we can turn off notifications to customers that they have loyalty points that are about to expire.  I have now had the loyalty program long enough that I have customers who have points that are expiring.  I have our point system set for points to expire after one year.  The problem that I am having is the infrequent customers who are coming in or calling to ask about the message they have received.  Our very loyal customers, who the program should benefit understand how our program works (Gain 1pt for each dollar spent.  Get to 500 points and receive a $25 gift card.)  We are suddenly getting some very upset and nasty customers.  They are expecting to come in to redeem their points that are expiring even though they may have only ever been in the store once or spent very little money.  I am almost tempted to cancel the rewards program given the expense of the subscription  and now how nasty customers are being when we won't give them something when they are hardly loyal customers.  If I could stop the notifications going out about expiring points, I think it will cut down on this tremendously.  Or possibly have control over who gets them.  ie; if they are close to their next reward they will be notified etc...Thanks so much.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @frillseekerstx,

Sorry to hear you're getting these nasty customers. I would definitely be frustrated too.

Unfortunately there's not a way to stop these notifications without turning off expiring points entirely.

I'm happy to pass this up to the Loyalty product team as a feature request for you though.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Ashley,

Do we have any updates on when this feature will be available ? We are having issues with this as well.. We want notification to go out only if they have enough points to redeems or close to a reward.

Thanks

Preethi

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi Preethi 😊

I do not see an update on this, but I can forward the information along to let the teams know this is still a request. 

Message 4 of 4