x
Beta Member

How to adjust the total due after partial payment?

A customers total due was divided into four payments, she made 3 payments- then the scope of the project changed and the last payment is no longer needed.

I attempted to delete the item that was not needed - but the invoice will not update unless the "invoice total must be at least $1.00 more than the total the customer has paid"?

How do I adjust the invoice to reflect that she should no longer owe a balance?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @Evan_R

Welcome back to the Community! 

You can cancel out the rest of the invoice, if you'd like. You can do that through your Dashboard under the Invoice > More. 

Nothing will happen to the payments you've already taken. Also, this won't throw off your books on the remaining payment.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @Evan_R

Welcome back to the Community! 

You can cancel out the rest of the invoice, if you'd like. You can do that through your Dashboard under the Invoice > More. 

Nothing will happen to the payments you've already taken. Also, this won't throw off your books on the remaining payment.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you! Easy fix! I was a little worried that that would throw things off... !

Message 3 of 4

This is good solution but … in case that the last payment, no need to paid in full, just partially. 

Message 4 of 4