x

Can I use the Magstripe reader with an Android phone?

Can i use the magstripe reader with android phone?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @singhritika07 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! 

While the Magstripe reader can be used with most Android devices, it is best to check on availability for your specific device. Feel fee to use our Compatibility Page here to see which hardware is compatible with your device.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @singhritika07 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! 

While the Magstripe reader can be used with most Android devices, it is best to check on availability for your specific device. Feel fee to use our Compatibility Page here to see which hardware is compatible with your device.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

youre SOL if you have an android phone that has abandoned the 3.5mm jack though. (hello, Pixel 6). you'll need a a much more expensive unit to take magstrip payments.

Message 3 of 4

have Android, Samsung 8+. I've been a happy Square user for 3 years! I do local vendor events weekly.

I ordered the small card reader from Sam's online, Square sells it too. It's like a 2" little square box. I got a case on Amazon. It can be used as Touchless, tap & go OR Mag strip reader. It connects right to the Square app! It came with the little plug into your phone device, which is good for backup but a pain if you have a case on phone... have to remove case to use plug in

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 4