x

Custom Estimate Message shows on Invoice

So, the Estimates app has the ability to do a custom default message, which is great!  However, is there any way to have this NOT show up once the estimate has been converted to an invoice?  For example, our custom message shows the estimate expiration & contract information, which is no longer relevant once it is converted to an invoice, and can be confusing to customers.  Can it be set to show up only on the estimates?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @TSTree and welcome to the Community!

Have you already tried going into the invoice from > Invoices on the Dashboard and clicking on the ones in question to edit them? Once you click one, a little side screen will come up on the right and there's an edit option on the bottom where you can edit the messaging in the invoice.

Let me know!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I am having an issue whenever I convert an accepted estimate to an invoice the invoice message is the text in the "message" box gets carried over from the estimate instead of inserting the text that is set as default for the invoice message. If I create a new invoice (not from an estimate) the default invoice message shows the correct text.

I am also having an issue with the reminders not being the default invoice reminders when converting an estimate to invoice. so with these two issues, every time I convert an estimate to invoice I have to manually adjust the message text and the email reminders to match my default invoice settings.

Is there any fix for this since it is time consuming to make the edits and even more time consuming to have to create a new invoice every time an estimate is accepted instead of simply converting it to an invoice?

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

ME TOO ! I thought is was user error, lol. I hope they figure out soon as my invoice verbiage say estimate 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

This does seem like a bug that we might want to flag to our support team @safesimple and @CESinc. Please reach out by phone when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5