x
Beta Member

Custom Tip in Virtual Terminal?

Hi there! Virtual Terminal allows me to "Add Tip" to an Itemized Sale sale but it only lists the pre-set percentage amounts (image below). I can't enter a Custom Amount for tip, though the documentation says I should be able to. Can I adjust that? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 7.19.18 AM.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Cheesetique!

According to this Support Center article- you should be able to add custom tips with the Itemized Sale option in Virtual Terminal.

This option is not available under Quick Charge though.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hi there! Yes, the article says that the option should be available in an Itemized Sale, but it isn't. The only option is to select tip percentages. I'm hoping this is some sort of setting that I can adjust. Thanks!

Message 3 of 5

I know there is the option to allow customers to add a tip when making a payment via an invoice. However, some customers prefer to do the payment over the phone. How do I add the tip amount the customer graciously request to be charged in the total? This question is the same for the point of sale. I am not sure if the staff can apply a tip (the customer offer) to the sale total. 

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SoaringHigh,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to add a tip option using the Virtual Terminal.

Otherwise you'd just have to add it in the total amount you charge before you enter in the amount you want to put in.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5