x

Difference between regular square app vs. square invoices?

New to square, and now have the both square and square invoices app installed.  What's the difference?  I typically swipe payments on site after completing work.  Sometimes I take deposits, and then collect balance on site, at job completion.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

The invoices app is somewhat redundant over the regular POS app but for those who send a lot of invoices it is more focused on that part.  You can send invoices over the regular app and if you don't use invoices much then I wouldn't bother with it.

I tend to use the POS or more often, the PC dashboard, as I like to be able to type on a real keyboard.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hey @PVPhoto

The Square Invoices app would be useful for sellers who only create and send invoices, and don't rely on the Point of Sale app. It's only functionality is to create estimates, invoices, and take payments from created invoices. 

The Point of Sale app allows you to create invoices too, but has multiple functionalities.

@cmusicshop is correct though, the Invoice section of the Point of Sale app looks very similar to layout of the Invoices app itself. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 3 of 3