x

Are my funds automatically available on my Square Card or do I transfer them?

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Do funds now push to the square card or do i push them?

I just received and activated the square card and removed the bank account information. Do the funds automatically get pushed to the square card or do I manually transfer it? I'm hoping it doesn't push automatically because I plan to add a new bank account this afternoon. 

Please advise.

Message 1 of 16
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Do funds now push to the square card or do i push them?

Once a transaction is done, the balance is available on your square card.  No transfers or anything needed.  When you see your square balance that is what is available on your square card

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @KyleFUNKSH - I wanted to drop by to provide some additional clarification here.

Once you activate your Square Card, your transfer status switches from automatic to manual. What this means is that funds from transactions will be accrued and available in your Square Balance, instead of being sent automatically to your bank. Just to be clear - think of your Square Balance and your Square Card as one and the same. When you don't have an active Square Card, the funds are just being stored in your Square Balance until a transfer to your bank occurs. When you do have a Square Card, the funds are being stored in the same place, but are available for immediate use via your Square Card.

Now that you have an active Square Card, you can decide when to transfer them to your linked bank account. Your funds will then arrive in your bank account the next business day, or instantly, depending on which transfer option you choose.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Once a transaction is done, the balance is available on your square card.  No transfers or anything needed.  When you see your square balance that is what is available on your square card

Message 2 of 16

for the last 30 days my funds have not been available immediately as they always were before.  i have had to wait 12 hours up to the next business day for my sales funds and transactions to reflect in my balance or square card or be available for instant transfer.  when i contact customer service they refuse to address my issue and give the excuse that my account has been placed under an organically generated review and my funds wont be available until the review is completed.  if i press for more information or ask more questions they become defensive and apologize for not having the answer for me that i want to hear but it was the only answer they can give me.  when i ask more questions like why was i not notified of the review and my funds being placed on hold i am told that our conversation is unproductive and that support will no longer be available to me and they vanish or exit the conversation.  i posted my own thread about this here and it was deleted.  

Message 3 of 16
Beta Member

I have been experiencing this as of lately. I realize your comment is two years old but was hoping you had resolution or answers.

Message 4 of 16

Mine isn't and I can't locate my money 

Message 5 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Muttzandcuttz7 

Just wanted to let you know that I have replied to your similar post here.

JJ
Message 6 of 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @KyleFUNKSH - I wanted to drop by to provide some additional clarification here.

Once you activate your Square Card, your transfer status switches from automatic to manual. What this means is that funds from transactions will be accrued and available in your Square Balance, instead of being sent automatically to your bank. Just to be clear - think of your Square Balance and your Square Card as one and the same. When you don't have an active Square Card, the funds are just being stored in your Square Balance until a transfer to your bank occurs. When you do have a Square Card, the funds are being stored in the same place, but are available for immediate use via your Square Card.

Now that you have an active Square Card, you can decide when to transfer them to your linked bank account. Your funds will then arrive in your bank account the next business day, or instantly, depending on which transfer option you choose.

Valentina
Message 7 of 16

My balance shows zero ( I have an activated square debit card) I can't locate my transfers

Message 8 of 16

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do you get your available funds added to the Square Card?

I h ave read all the materials and I guess I am not too bright or something but I cannot figure out how to get the balance I have available for deposit applied to my Square Card so I can use it

Message 9 of 16
Alumni

Hi there @CharmedByCarol - and welcome to the Seller Community 👋

As long as you've already activated your Square Card, go ahead and take a peek at the best answer here in this thread to learn how to view your current available balance. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly if you have any questions about your account!

Valentina
Message 10 of 16

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can square payments be split between back account and square card

My question is can square payments be split between bank account and square card

Message 11 of 16
Alumni

Hi there @Ew2 👋 If you need some payments to be transferred to your bank account, and others to remain available for use on your Square Card, that's definitely do-able! I've moved your post to this thread so you can learn a bit more about how the Square Card works, and how your funds will be transferred to your bank account.

As long as you have an active Square Card, you decide when to transfer them to your linked bank account. That means you can manually transfer half of your payments to your bank account, and leave the other half in your Square Balance - available for use with your Square Card.

Valentina
Message 12 of 16

Will applying for a Square Card cause your available funds to disappear?

I have over $1,000 MISSING. Not in my bank account. I do not have the square card yet... Available balance on the square account is showing ZERO! 

WHERE IS MY MONEY?!?!

Message 13 of 16
Alumni

Hi there! Ordering a Square Card sets your transfer status to manual, meaning you'll need to initiate a transfer to your bank account through Dashboard or the app. Transfers will no longer be automatic. 

Are you still having trouble locating your transfers? 

@TinManSnider

Justin
Message 14 of 16

I'm having a similar issue except I have al square debit card with zero balance

Message 15 of 16

I have used my square for a lot of transactions.  No issues with credit card, checks, and instant transfers.  For some reason when I used my Zoho Invoice app, it shows the credit card payment but it is not in my square account.  Normally when I receive a credit card payment, it shows up immediately.  Any ideas? 

Message 16 of 16