How can I edit the item name and price?

how can I edit item and price?

WIN_20191220_11_27_09_Pro.jpg

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @sayomistyle 

To edit an Item and its price from the screen you're on in the pict, tap the three bars in the upper left.

Tap Items in the list that appears.

Type in the item name or scroll through the list then tap on the item to get into an editing screen. You can make all the changes you need here.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @sayomistyle 

To edit an Item and its price from the screen you're on in the pict, tap the three bars in the upper left.

Tap Items in the list that appears.

Type in the item name or scroll through the list then tap on the item to get into an editing screen. You can make all the changes you need here.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

The issue is not editing an item name. The issue is that even if a name change is only a capital letter verse a small letter in the spelling, it creates a new line item in the daily sales report.

Square has to fix this problem. Allow business owners to edit item names while not making it a new item that is actually the old item. We do not need duplicate items of the same item on the reports.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Understood @tubbyfish,

I would recommend contacting our Support Team, they can look into this and file a ticket with the appropriate teams if necessary.

Check out ways on how to get in contact with them by visiting here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 6

I am looking for help with editing a variation name. If I create a new variation (to replace an old one) and delete the old variation name,  I am afraid that my inventory and sales report will be incorrect. I don’t see anywhere that I can edit the variation name (in my case I need to rename some of the size name conventions). Please help.

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Hello @Professor_z !

You should be able to edit variation names in your item library, either from your web dashboard or the point of sale. 

Prior sales data will show the old variation so you’ll be able to keep track of things. Inventory could get a little weird though. Changing the name won’t affect inventory counts while adding a new variation would make you have to redo inventory

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 6 of 6