x

Shared booth, two accounts

My sister and I went in together for a local farmer's market. We each have our own business with different products, and we each have our own Square account. I understand that we can both connect to and use the same card reader, but what if a customer buys a product from each of us? 

We don't want to have to ring up the customer twice. IE: I enter items from my store, they tap to pay - then my sister logs in and enters the items from her store, the customer has to pay again. Ideally, we want to keep it to a single transaction for the customer.

Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@Iron-Branch ;

Welcome to the Square Sellers forum as I see this is your first post.

The easiest way to do this is have a category of your sisters items in your Library, or vise versa ( Yours in hers ).

Then either one of you can ring up the complete sale.  Then at the end of the day you add up all slaes and deduct the Taxes owed and Square fees to give to the person who is not the account holder.

This would have both items in each catalog and have the others as a category.  Now since you both have a Square account the hardest thing to do was have her items in your catalog and your items in hers, then at the end of the weeked who ever had the higher amount Less fees and taxes, gives the difference to the other sibling.

The reason I say to use different Categories is you can filter out the Summary report by category and check your report and hers the sameway.

Instead of Categories you could use vendors to filter this out also.  Square would not split the income but you can easily do this.  I would recommend using both accounts so that you stay relatively even with the processing fees at the end of the year.  Not so one account is showing inflated sales because of these shows.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the response, Keith. Very helpful!

Message 3 of 3