x

What does my receipt look like when sales tax included?

I will be selling at craft shows and have included sales tax in my prices. what will the costomer receipts look like? Do I need to show a breakdown on the receipts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

It will say tax included near the bottom of the receipt.  

here is an image of a receipt with tax included I found.  not sure if it is still like this, but none of my items have tax included.

receipt with tax included.png

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hello @daisey2 and @VanKalkerFarms! I just wanted to add that you can also see a preview of your receipts from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in at squareup.com/dasboard
  2. Click Account & Settings.
  3. Select Business from the menu on the left > click Receipt.

The receipt visible on your Dashboard is a sample receipt, and it'll shows an example payment with taxes that are Added to the Item price. This might serve as a good comparison to the screenshot above! 

Edit: The screenshot below is a sample digital receipt, the screenshot shared by VanKalkerFarms is a printed receipt. 😀

Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 10.48.05.png

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 5

If square system is set to include sales tax as part of the price,  will the sales receipt none the less show sales tax and price or just a total price?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hiya @GermanAmericans,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over sales tax showing on receipts.

Check out @Helen's post on how to adjust your receipt settings if you'd like for it to show on receipts.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5