x

Work around for Employer Account number?

Hi there!  New company here!  I have been trying to figure out a work around for our Missouri Employer Account number.  We did our first payroll on Monday through Square and it requires this 10 digit number, which I cannot obtain at the moment because in Missouri you don't get one or have to register for one until you have paid out $1500 in payroll in a quarter.  I was told twice by MO DOR to put in all 9's or all 0's and it still did not work.  Therefore, square is holding those taxes and not deducting from my bank, but also not sending our taxes to MO.  I have emailed and gotten no response, I can't find anything on the website, and I don't have phone support (also how do you get that?)  PLEASE HELP!  I don't want them to continually hold it and then deduct it all at once from our account.  We are a 2 week old business and very small at that, ya know...the whole...spend money to make money but not making money yet situation.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @BearPridePizza-

You can enter all 1s as a temporary placeholder. You will receive an email and a banner that it’s invalid but will still be able to process payroll. Does that work? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @BearPridePizza-

You can enter all 1s as a temporary placeholder. You will receive an email and a banner that it’s invalid but will still be able to process payroll. Does that work? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 8

I was able to process payroll with 0's. It just won't deduct the MO taxes from my bank. I'm afraid once we hit that $1500 mark and get a real number it's going to take everything out at once.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @BearPridePizza-

Can you try clicking on employer taxes in your history and reports tab? It should show you the breakdown of the taxes, which will show you that we did pull funds for UI insurance. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 8

I am having trouble with the UI number? I tried Applying for it i was told We don’t qualify Because We haven’t paid more than 1500. We just started Our remodeling business. I can’t do payroll because of that. It says I need that number! Help someone. 

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Marleneramos18

You have the option to onboard to Square Payroll with a temporary SEIN by entering all 1's in onboarding. As soon as you receive your valid SEIN, please update this information in your Payroll dashboard.What happens when you enter all 1's instead of a valid SEIN?
1. You will receive an email notification from Square stating we have an invalid account number.
2. You will see a banner in your Payroll dashboard stating we have an invalid account number.What are the payroll tax implications if a valid SEIN is not provided?
1. Square is unable to make any state tax filings on your behalf.
2. Square is unable to make any state tax payments on your behalf. If we do not have a valid SEIN by the time these payments are due we will refund the taxes withheld to your bank account.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

It does not let me get passed the Kansas UI Account number I tried putting all 1s but still dosent let me 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@Marleneramos18 There has been some recent issues with Kansas UI. The workaround is to have the employer try to change the suffix in the withholding account number from F02 then back to F01 and then press save.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8