x

Text from purchase I didn't make

I got a text saying I made a purchase. Now I am curious if someone used my card w/out authorization. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I would say the odds are 99% that someone mistyped their phone number into the checkout process and you got their receipt.  there is a link on the bottom of the receipt you can click that says not my receipt (or something to the extent) so that your phone number is unassociated from the other person's purchases.

see "Receipts Received in Error" section of the following link also. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4989-incorrect-receipts

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

I would say the odds are 99% that someone mistyped their phone number into the checkout process and you got their receipt.  there is a link on the bottom of the receipt you can click that says not my receipt (or something to the extent) so that your phone number is unassociated from the other person's purchases.

see "Receipts Received in Error" section of the following link also. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4989-incorrect-receipts

Message 2 of 4

This happened to me.  Problem is, I know the person, but they shouldn't know my number off the top of thier head enough to incorrectly type it in.  Is there any other way my number could have been entered by mistake?  Autopopulated from his phone etc?  Is just seems fishy and hope it's not a sign of something more fraudulent.  We reached out to the person and they said they don't know how it happened.  Which seems even more strange to me.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

there isn't anything that would connect to a person's phone to get information while checking out in a store.  Is it possible you were somewhere with this person in the past and you entered your number for the rewards on a purchase on their card?  I've had people say they don't want rewards and their friend say I'll take them and enters their info.

Message 4 of 4