x
Admin

‌[Roundup] ❄️ December 2022 ‌❄️ Product Updates and New Features

Hi Sellers!

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great last couple weeks of 2022, however you chose to spend it.

If you missed any of these feature releases and announcements then now is your chance to get caught up! Here are all the product updates that were posted on the Seller Community throughout December 2022🙌 

1. [New] Square Appointments: No-Show Protection Now Blocks Prepaid Debit Cards

2. [New] Save Time with Bulk Editing

3. [New] Close of Day Reports Plus More Support for Cash Tips on Square Register

4. [New] Committed Inventory for Invoices

5. [New] Appointments Booking Filters

6. [New] Square Online Updates - December 2022

7. [New] Square Subscriptions now Available on Square for Restaurants

8. [New] Square Subscriptions now Available on Square for Retail

1. [New] Square Appointments: No-Show Protection Now Blocks Prepaid Debit Cards

Labels: (Banking) (Square Appointments)

We heard your feedback that clients use prepaid debit cards with insufficient funds to avoid paying a no-show or last-minute cancellation fee. To address this, the Appointments team has launched an improvement to the “No-Show Protection” feature where a prepaid debit card can no longer be used as the no-show payment card on the online booking site, even if the prepaid debit card is saved as a “Card on File.”

Read the full update

Ryan_M_0-1672937898268.png

2. [New] Save Time with Bulk Editing

Labels: (Square Dashboard) (Square Retail POS)

We’re excited to announce that you can now edit item details in your catalog in bulk, saving you time and energy when managing your item library. We know editing many items at once has been a tedious and time-consuming activity requiring you to edit items one-by-one or by importing a CSV file. With Bulk Editing, you can make up to 250 updates at once in bulk right from your item library in your Square Dashboard. You can even customize which columns are visible to keep your updates contextual.

Read the full update

Ryan_M_1-1672938088925.png

3. [New] Close of Day Reports Plus More Support for Cash Tips on Square Register

Labels: (Square Hardware) (Square Register) (Square Restaurant POS)

Smart operators are always looking for better reporting features. I’m happy to announce that Close of Day reports are now available on Square Register. We wanted to make it easier for you to declare cash tips, close cash drawers, and adjust tips from the Close of Day report preview. This means that you can run the Close of Day report to quickly understand the performance of your business each day with important information such as total cash and card tips, net sales, category sales, and more. 

Read the full update

Ryan_M_2-1672938185245.png

4. [New] Committed Inventory for Invoices

Labels: (Square Inventory Management) (Square Invoices)

You can now commit inventory to buyers when creating an invoice. With this update, stock held in an open invoice is marked as committed and removed from the available to sell count to help reduce the risk of accidental overselling. 

This will help you in situations where you may need to invoice a buyer for particular items and want to make sure that inventory isn’t sold to anyone else before the buyer pays. For example, an invoiced item will no longer be available on your square online store since it has been committed to another buyer already. Nonetheless, you will still be able to add overcommitted stock to an invoice if you wish to do so. 

Read the full update

5. [New] Appointments Booking Filters

Labels: (Square Appointments)

As an Appointments seller, it’s imperative to communicate with your clients before and after every appointment. We are introducing three new bookings filters (Last booking dateFirst booking date, and Booked with) into your Customer Directory. Now, you can more quickly and effectively communicate with your clients and understand their booking habits.

Read the full update

Ryan_M_3-1672938673309.gif

6. [New] Square Online Updates - December 2022

Labels: (Square Online)

Add product modifier images for your items.

Help customers see how they can modify their items by uploading an image for each item modifier. 

Learn more >

Try using built-in growth tools to drive more sales and awareness of your business. 

When you reach 5 sales*, you’ll get access to features to help customers discover your website and more.  

View the dashboard >

Using Square Messages with your website.

You can answer form submissions from your website using Square Messages, no integrated with Square Online. 

Get the details > 

New campaign automations from Square Marketing.

Automatically trigger an email or text message to first time customers who haven’t purchased in the last 14 days to improve customer retention and drive site traffic and sales.

Try it now >

Apple Pay and Google Pay available for open tabs on self-serve ordering.

Now customers have even more payment options when they check out using open tabs on self-serve ordering. 

*This feature is currently available for food and drink sellers

7. [New] Square Subscriptions now Available on Square for Restaurants

Labels: (Square Restaurant POS) (Square Subscriptions)

Do you offer a membership or subscription products or services at your restaurant? Square for Restaurants now supports Square Subscriptions! With Square Subscriptions, you can offer and accept payments for subscription products at check-out. You can also manage your customers’ enrolment directly from the point of sale. 

Read the full update

8. [New] Square Subscriptions now Available on Square for Retail

Labels: (Square Retail POS) (Square Subscriptions)

Now you can offer subscriptions or memberships directly through Square for Retail!  This is a great way to cross-sell your customers at check-out with relevant subscription products your business offers. Conversely, you can also cancel an existing subscription or membership through Square for Retail. Additionally, you can use Subscriptions to easily look up whether a customer has an active subscription or membership with your business.

Read the full update

That's all for now! Remember to subscribe to our product updates page if you'd like to be notified of each new post. Hit the button below and select Options > Subscribe.

Product Updates Page

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

We have started using Square Subscriptions on Square for Retail. The customers are already loving it. It's a great way to offer services that provide recurring revenue. Thanks! 

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Thats great to hear! Do you find you have to promote the subscription offering or just having it as an option is promotion enough?

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 3 of 7

i am a business owner...the first thing i want to see when opening up square is who owes me what and how much money is account receivables...why don't you show this?

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

I use Square for Retail and I can add Invoices to the quick access bar on the left hand side of the dashboard. Then as long as you send invoices thru Square it’s a quick 1 click to get the information. Not sure if that’s something that is available in the regular POS dashboard since it’s been years since I’ve used it

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

I've got to try the subscriptions feature, seems like a great one I have not found a way to capitalize on to help customer get easier access to things they already do. 

The campaign automation features have all served us well. We are just now working on updating our online store and will be making a decision on sticking with our custom app through poppinpay or shifting customer use to the online store. Will be adding this new customer automation into the mix as soon as we can. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Is there a place that has a more detailed changelog? I'm finding updates to my POS that would be useful to know about, and are not listed within these product updates.

Message 7 of 7