x

How and where does my employee clock in and out?

I'm having trouble locating the area where my employee issupposed to clock in/log in daily. As a result, I'm creating time cards daily.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 70
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How & where does my employee clock in daily?

@TexasBeef - You've got it! 👍

You can also find more details in our Support Center article: Team Management

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @Curlygirl - and welcome to the Seller Community! I've moved your question to this thread so others looking for this info can find the answer they need. If you've already added your employees in, there may just be a simple step you're missing in order for them to be able to clock in.

It sounds like you've already set up your team member profiles, and assigned your employees Personal Passcodes - you're halfway there! If you're using Passcodes in combination with Time Tracking, you'll need to enable both of these in-app. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Visit Settings while in the Square app
2. Select Passcodes, and toggle Enable Passcodes on

3. Select Time Tracking and toggle Time Tracking on

Now your employees have passcodes, and your settings look good, so it's time to clock in:

• Tablet: with Passcodes enabled, you'll tap Log In/Out in the top-right corner, then Clock In/Out once that appears on your screen.
  • Smartphone: tap the three horizontal lines, then Clock In/Out.
  • Mobile POS: for mobile cashiers signing in to the Square app with their own email, they won’t be prompted to enter a Personal Passcode to clock in.

Let us know if you still have any questions, and feel free to check out this article on Timecard Management for more!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 35 of 70
Alumni

Best Answer

Making sure this thread has an updated best answer..

First, make sure Time Tracking is enabled Settings. Then you'll see a clock icon in the corner of your screen from the Checkout Tab.

Note: If Passcode Access is enabled along with Time Tracking, your employee will need to tap their initials from navigation bar to view the clock icon. 

Justin

View Best Answer >

Message 46 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

ok understood, thanks for letting me know. I'll submit the feature request

Message 64 of 70
Beta Member

Oof .... Imagine I read this far to find out what I want to do isnt possible it seems.

We need GPS based clocking or to do it from the register. But 6 different  people use the register.  We just need a little way for people to use it like a time clock without signing in and out of the register. 

Message 65 of 70
Square Community Moderator

Hi @user100101001 and @Innerglo 👋

While we don't have a GPS-based system, you can allow your staff to clock in directly via the Square Register 
or via their Square Team App, available on the Play Store and App Store. You'll just need to set them up with a Passcode via this guide first, and then enable passcodes. Please feel free to let us know a bit more about the particular features you're looking for so we can share suggestions for workarounds 🙂

Message 66 of 70
Beta Member

So with that suggestion, each time someone wants to clock in and out they have to sign themselves in and back out of the register. 

I would like a work around where multiple people can clock in from a register without signing in and out. 

Message 67 of 70

Hello @Innerglo 

At this time, the best way to make this work is that the Account Owner is logged in on the desired Square Register or device. Once the owner is signed in all Staff Members will be able to clock in and out form that device.

JJ
Message 68 of 70

Hi JJ,

I’ll just reiterate to make sure the team is aware that this is not a good option. I can’t have my owner’s account logged in to the main terminal since it will give the employees access to all of our information like our checking/saving balances, our loan info, our timesheet management etc etc. The correct setup would be to allow an option in the permissions menu to give specific permission levels (such as a manager level) the ability to be a clock in portal for all employees to clock in/out under. That way a POS only or manager only account can be logged into the terminal 24/7 and all employees can utilize it without access to other data and without needing to log in to their own accounts 

Message 69 of 70

Well in my suggestion you can restrict access to all this information on the register by enabling passcodes. Only the owner passcode would allow access to the restrictions you have put in place for your staff members. You can read more about Employee permissions here. Once you're more acquainted with the permission you can use our guide to Team Management to get started.

This suggestion isn't a workaround but is what many Sellers of large and small businesses use securely to achieve your goal of clocking in and clocking out.

I hope this information is helpful @BohoHouseHair 

JJ
Message 70 of 70