x

How can I print a packing slip for an order placed through my Square website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Print Packing Slip in Free Version

Is there a way to print a packing slip with the free version? There used to be a button to click on an order that a user could select for printing a packing slip.  It appears from other posts it may be embedded in the shipping label option which is upgrade.  It was so convenient.  We are a tiny not for profit, so sadly we need to stick to the free version. 

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You can print packing slips, @fixabullwny!

Head to your Online Overview page, then click Orders.

Click the order you need a packing slip for, and you'll see something like this:

Click the Print Order button, and you'll be able to print a packing slip that looks like this:

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

I see this is from march of 2022....I tried it today Jan 2023....and no joy. I click the button to print (as I have done in the past) and nothing prints! Did something change?

Message 22 of 40
Square

Apologies - packing slip printing on iOS 16 is broken until we release a fix around February 7

Message 23 of 40

I'm not using IOS, I'm using Windows.

Message 24 of 40
Beta Member

Same Here # weeks now with out Packing slip from online dashboard, I tried 3 different browsers on PC, 2 on Mac and the iOS App will crash.

When I print Order most of the time is missing information do to the header and footer that can not be removed covering some items.

Message 25 of 40

This is the menu I have, but can no longer print the packing slip. What happened, just a few weeks ago I printed numerous packing slips the same way and now I can't.

Now I don't have permission to upload images.....?

Message 26 of 40
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Online Store has brought you to the Seller Community😥

I just want to confirm, are you following these steps to print your packing slips?

1. Go to the Orders tab.
  2. Click on a new shipping order to view the details.
  3. From the Actions menu, choose Print packing slip.
  4. The packing slip opens in a new browser window where you can print or save it as a PDF.

Please let me know! I'll keep an eye out for your response 👀

Violet
Message 27 of 40

I'm following that exact process. the new window never pops up as it did previously. I have tried multiple browsers to insure it wasn't a pop-up blocker as well. Windows 10 Home version.

Message 28 of 40

Thank you for your patience here, @FlamingEyeballG A member of our Square Online Store Support Team confirmed that this is currently a known issue. Our engineers are currently working on a fix to resolve this.

"In the meantime, the workaround is: If you already purchase a label, you can go back to that order and where it shows the shipping label you can click edit, and then you will see an option at the top to print the packing slip.

Alternatively, while it's not a "packing slip", Some Sellers go to the order and click "print order" It looks more like the order confirmation that the customer receives but has almost all the same information just added pictures of the items." 

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 29 of 40

Square online from my computer, just like always.

Message 30 of 40

Thank you for confirming, @FlamingEyeballG

I am going to move your post to a thread where some other sellers had a similar issue and I see you have another post on this thread. 

I would recommend trying the workaround that @_Violet mentioned. If you're still experiencing issues, I would recommend reaching out to our CS Team directly to report that you're still experiencing this issue after it has been resolved by our engineers. 

To contact them directly, you can use this phone number 1-855-700-6000. They will be available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm CST. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 31 of 40
Beta Member

What I have been doing is:

I make the order as "in process"

Then click on the ... and go to "manage order online"

Then print the order like that.

If I print the order directly from Dashboard the header and the footer will cover some of the items, which result in orders partially fulfill and angry customers. 

Message 32 of 40

The problem with that, is it shows all the payments and all that. I need that to not be on the packing slip for my employees that are sorting and completing the order. Just need the old packing slip back!

Message 33 of 40
Beta Member

Yes your are absolutely right, I'm with you 10000% 

Message 34 of 40

I used the method below, which worked as recently as a few weeks ago, and today (Jan 27, 2023) it's not working. I tried several browsers as well, with no joy. Any ideas?

• From the Square 'Main' Page (prints WITH logo, WITHOUT prices)
    1. On the left side bar click the Orders option.
    2. Navigate to your order (you may have to look through the "Inactive" orders or filter by date if you don't see it.  Click on the order line - it should open up a pop-up window on the right side of your screen.
    3. Click on the 'ellipsis' button on the upper right corner within the pop-up window.
      FlamingEyeballG_0-1674833435992.jpeg

4. Click the Print packing slip button.
      FlamingEyeballG_1-1674833435953.jpeg

Packing Slip Step 4
    5. Select the item(s) you want to appear on the packing slip.
      FlamingEyeballG_2-1674833435970.jpeg

Packing Slip Step 5
    6. Your packing slip with no pricing will appear like this with your logo.
      FlamingEyeballG_3-1674833435975.jpeg

Packing Slip Step 6
Message 35 of 40
Beta Member

I can confirm that the "Print Packing slip option" no longer shows in the action menu!

Message 36 of 40

This solution is only for Square online, but the original question is for weebly website that allow for orders.  Is there anyway for a website using weebly to print a packing slip?  Something with the order number on it and no prices.

Message 37 of 40
Beta Member

For all of you using Shippo, you can print a packing slip from there. Unfortunately it does not correspond with the Square order number but rather uses the Shippo order number which is different. 

Anyway we need square to offer the "packing slip" feature!

Message 38 of 40
Beta Member

Thank you , but I have a problem with that, I will have to print an order that my employee haven't fulfill, and if there is a problem with the order i will have to cancel that shipping label, I know we are looking for other ways to o it but why not just get the packing slip option back??

Message 39 of 40
Beta Member

As of 2/1/23 the packing slip is working. but now my customers are not able to add products to the cart from a mobile device only desktop is working properly.

Message 40 of 40