x

How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?

How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Happy to help clarify. To get going, you can link and edit your bank account directly from your Square Dashboard. Once you have your new bank account verficiation started, if you want to remove the previous one - just give us a call when you're free. After verifying some additional security details, we can can remove that account and assure that no other deposits are sent to it. Please keep in mind our phone lines are open  Monday - Friday from 6AM - 6PM PT. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Square Community Moderator

Heya @CBJMarketing1 

You'll want to link your new bank account via the Bank Account section in your Dashboard. If the old bank account is no longer active, you can change your transfer schedule to manual here. When manual transfers are enabled, the funds in your balance will accumulate until you choose to transfer them, rather than automatically being sent to your current bank account. 

Message 22 of 71

How do I update banking information

Message 23 of 71

Hi there, @Elainala9 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding editing bank account information. Take a look at this Best Answer for a deep dive walkthrough.

Let us know if anything else comes up! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 71

what phone number do I call?

Message 25 of 71

Which would be great if anyone answered the phone, or called back or not leave me on hold going on 40 minutes now.

Message 26 of 71

Hi @acesup - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 I'm sorry to hear there was such a wait when you called our Support Team. Keep in mind, you do have the option to opt-in for a callback when the next advocate is available instead of holding if that is more convenient for you.

You can remove your old bank account and enter the info for your new bank account by following these steps within the Square App.

• Open the menu, and tap Settings > Account > Bank Account
  • Tap Change Bank Account
  • Enter your Square account password, and select Continue
  • Now you can enter your new bank account information. Then, tap Continue.
  • Tap Done
  • Check your email for a confirmation from Square, and make sure to click the link within 24 hours to confirm the bank account change.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 27 of 71

My current bank account is shown as active however, my old bank account is also showing as active. I cannot find any place to Deactivate the old account. The current bank account was activated several year ago. All the verifications were done at that time - 2014. But the old account is still shown as active.

Message 28 of 71

Welcome to the Seller Community, @AIHDT 

I was able to find a helpful guide (which includes a video) for editing your linked bank account information

Please let us know if you are still having trouble deactivating the original bank connection. Thanks! 😊

Message 29 of 71

The number to call sends a link to "chat" with someone. I would like to physically speak to a person about deleting a bank account. Too much to be lost in entering personal information into a "chat" window. 
Customer Service in the USA has died. 

Message 30 of 71

Hi @VWJ - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

Are you needing help with deleting the bank account currently linked to your Square account so you add a new one? If so, you can follow the instructions listed here for editing your bank account.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 31 of 71

Good morning,

Thank you I tried and it won't work online

Message 32 of 71

Hey @CBJMarketing1 stepping in for Arie while she is out. You can contact Customer Support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport they can delete the bank account for you. 

Feel free to reach out if you need anything else. 

Message 33 of 71

Sean,

This is pathetic for as much as Square charges that we have to take the time to delete a bank account. This is insane. 

Message 34 of 71

Pathetic. With all the technology and you cant delete an account without a call. Pathetic

Message 35 of 71

Just just did this. The phone agent prefer to the old bank accounts as history, even though they were still active.. 

I had to persuade her to delete the old accounts and assure her that my new account was verified. 

Also, you have to go into chat to make sure that your phone number is excepted by the voicemail system. Otherwise it will automatically send you back to chat. 

Message 36 of 71

A  phone number would be helpful, the account I want to remove is closed~

Message 37 of 71

You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account @VSTONE 

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Message 38 of 71

Am I to understand that a bank account can be added, but not removed online? A lengthy phone call is required? 

That would be ridiculous of course. I'm sure I misunderstood.  We have companies to run, so clearly no body would say such a thing with no logic behind it.

Message 39 of 71

Yes, that is correct. I am using talk to text. So sorry about any unusual typos in this and my previous reply. 

I’m not sure of the reasons or the logic, but I think  it may have to do with leaving a clear audit trail and as fraud prevention. 

Message 40 of 71

l have a question, many years ago l got square free stripe swipe used it for a few years with a bank account that l closed for many years now l came back to square with the same business and a new bank but the old bank says verified but l dont use it anymore how can l delete the account or change it to reflect my new Bank, l closed my Bank of America many years ago?

Message 41 of 71
Admin

Hey @vinjoe1944, thanks for reaching out!

It looks like a handful of sellers had a similar question, and received an answer in another thread. Have a look at Sean's reply in "How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?" and let us know if that helps. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 42 of 71