x

How do I let customers add a note to an item, or add a note to their Square Online order itself?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: New Square Online Store: How do I add a note to each online order product?

I need my customers to be able to add a name to each product ordered through the online store. 

I own a soda shop, and want them to be able to order ahead, but be able to add a name to each drink they order.  possible?

Message 1 of 136
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MixtapeBushwick-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Within the Square Online Store, in Shared Settings > Checkout > Checkout Experience, click on the Edit customer inputs button. From there, check the option to Allow customer to leave a note to seller:

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.33.20 AM.png

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 136
135 REPLIES 135

We use square for retail for our items.  I would like to be able to allow customers to add notes to their purchases when adding them to their shopping cart.

Message 64 of 136
Alumni

Isabelle gives instructions on how to turn on the notes option for your site. 

I've merged your post so you can see @PlantsAnimals

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 65 of 136
Beta Member

I'm looking for the option to add a text box to each individual item, and I'm not seeing it. For example if someone is ordering a salad, they have all of the modifications to choose from, but maybe want to leave a note about something the mods don't cover, like, "celiac" or "dairy allergy." Anyone know if this option exists?

Message 66 of 136
Admin

Hey @fullcircle- There's not an actual setting for individual notes. But check this thread where @MixtapeBushwick gives a workaround!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 67 of 136

We use square for retail for our items.  I would like to be able to allow customers to add notes to their purchases when adding them to their shopping cart.

Message 68 of 136
Admin

@PlantsAnimals Check out Isabelle's Best Answer on this thread. She walks through how to enable a "notes" section for your customers while they're checking out in your Online Store.

Hope it helps you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 69 of 136

Unfortunately that option Isabelle mentioned is already enabled, but we're still not seeing any text box on checkout for customer notes. 

Message 70 of 136

On the old Square Up website our customers were able to add a note to their order. After the new update the customers are now unable to add a note to their order. How can we add a note section onto the website? 

Message 71 of 136

I am using the new online store for Square, which is through Weebly. I can't figure out how to allow someone checking out to add a note to their order to allow for special instructions they may have.

Message 72 of 136
Square Community Moderator

Hi @finderskeepers Thanks for reaching out about this! You will see a notes section appear if your customer selects "Request Curbside Pickup," where they will then be asked for fill out  description of what car they have, etc.

If they do not select curbside pickup, then they will not be prompted to enter a description in the notes phase, but will likely use their name as an identifier for their order when they arrive. 

AshleyK
Message 73 of 136

I'd like my customers to be able to add a comment to their order for pickup like they can when they select the delivery option.

Many of our customers use a gift card to pay for their pickup order but when I get the email notification, it only provides the last four digits of the gift card.  I'd like to have them enter their name into a comment box so we can put it on their order when we put it together.  (They don't usually know their gift card number when they get here to pick up.)

Is there a way to do that?

Message 74 of 136

Hey @RoseLBF,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

To add onto what @AshleyK said- there's also a comment box at the end of the Checkout that asks customers if they want to leave a note for the seller.

Here's a photo of what it looks like on the Checkout page:

Ashley C
Message 75 of 136
Beta Member

Hi, I came here looking for the answer to this question too. I just did a test order and at no point did a Note to Seller box come up. My orders are for shipping, but I would like customers to have the option to leave notes, as many have done so in the past. I

Message 76 of 136

When I place a test order to see if the comment box comes up, the box has two options (1) save payment information for future use and (2) receive updates and promotions. Nowhere does it allow you to add comments or special instructions as shown the the initial reply.

Message 77 of 136

Hmm...on our checkout page that doesn't exist. It's odd... ever since this new upgrade happened it changed. 

Message 78 of 136

Same here Stacy.  We used to have an area where a note could be left but that disappeared with the "upgrade".

Message 79 of 136
Alumni

@stonehill - it sounds like you may be running an outdated version of the Square app. I heard of others experiencing this last week, but our engineers quickly released a fix for the issue. When you have a moment, please update your app and you should no longer experience this issue going forward.

If you do continue to run into a bit of trouble, please be sure to reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here so our team can dig in!

Valentina
Message 80 of 136

I too am having issues with the note box. I have it checked in the settings. I did notice that in the mobile app the note box is there under the Review/Submit...but it is not an option on the desk top version of it. Is there a way to get it on the desktop version and not just the mobile version? This is just following the store link, not using an app or anything.

Message 81 of 136
Alumni

Can you please share the URL for your website with us here?

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community, @highlandespto - happy to see a new face, even if troubles brought you here! 🎉

Valentina
Message 82 of 136

I have been trying to get the Note to Seller box to appear during the checkout for our delivery orders and it never appears. I have the box checked in Online Dashboard - Settings - Checkout - Advanced settings but it won't appear during Delivery checkout. It will appear when someone goes online for a Pick Up Order but the box never appears during a Delivery Checkout. 

How do we get that option to appear for our Delivery guests?

Message 83 of 136

Hey @LBR-Dave,

This feature should be available for deliveries as well.

I would contact our direct CS team to look into this further and potentially file a ticket for you. 

Ashley C
Message 84 of 136