x

Appointments: How do you set up a time frame that clients have to book in advance?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Appointment window

didn't square have a feature that allowed you to set up a time frame that clients had to book in advance. Example: you set the time for 12hr and the clients had to book 12hrs in advance.

Message 1 of 29
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

That feature is still available @EtheT!

From your Appointments Dashboard

1. Click Calendar & Booking.
  2. Scroll down to Online Scheduling.
  3. Click the dropdown below Appointments must be made in advance.
  4. Choose a time from 1 hour to 4 weeks.
  5. Click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Cameronself and welcome to the Seller Community!! You should be able to make this work by changing your scheduling settings to offer appointments "According to service duration" on your appointments dashboard.

Thanks for working with me! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 21 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Admin

Best Answer

That feature is still available @EtheT!

From your Appointments Dashboard

1. Click Calendar & Booking.
  2. Scroll down to Online Scheduling.
  3. Click the dropdown below Appointments must be made in advance.
  4. Choose a time from 1 hour to 4 weeks.
  5. Click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 29

i would like my clients to be able to book at least 3 months in advance how can I do this

Message 3 of 29

Hello. 

You can change these types of settings for Online Booking from your Calendar & Booking section of your Appointments Dashboard. 

The different options will be listed under the "Online Scheduling" section:

Message 4 of 29

I am having trouble with this as well. Whenever I click the appointments page or the Calendar & Booking link it takes me to an empty screen. This is the first time its ever done this. 

Message 5 of 29

Hello there @blackmarrowmtatt I was able to access this section without issues. If you are still facing this inconvenience I recommend following our Dashboard Troubleshooting Guide

Please let me know how that goes. 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 6 of 29

I’d like to set it up to where clients have to schedule at least 24 hours in advance. I have Square appointments and cannot figure out where to do that. Can somebody please help me.

Message 7 of 29

Heya @Wilsonjuliem and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing post where this question has been answered.

Check out the Best Answer for steps on how to set this up!

Ashley C
Message 8 of 29

I don’t want my clients to be able to book within 24 hours or I should say day of meaning I don’t want it to be Tuesday at 3pm and they book for Tuesday at 3:30

Message 9 of 29

Heya @NicoleBN and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 10 of 29

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Same day booking" The author has been notified via email.

1. I need a 60 min heads up if someone books an appointment with me. How can I set it up so that I my clients can’t book a 10:00 at 9:45.
Message 11 of 29

I see the thread regarding this topic and the replies are to go to the online booking section but if it’s no longer there IF being there before how do we adjust the appointment window . This is something I’m struggling with and need help . Clients should not be able to book 1 hour before an appointment how do I fix this . 2021 ? 

Message 12 of 29

Hi @_kennedy and welcome to the Seller Community!! I'm a little confused by your question, but if you're wanting to require customers to book their appointments a few hours ahead of time, you can set that up on the Square Dashboard.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I'm misunderstanding. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 13 of 29

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: is there a way to set up where appointments must be booked 0 hours in advance of wanted appointment?

How can I make it so that you must have a certain amount of hours notice prior to an appointment?

Message 14 of 29
Alumni

Hello and welcome to the Community, @Risqué 🎉

I've moved your post over to a thread where someone else has the same question. Head over to this page of your Square Dashboard to get started. Take a quick peek at @Helen's Best Answer to adjust your booking settings the way you'd like them!

Valentina
Message 15 of 29

I want at least 24 hour period space before my clients can book. So I can have a days notice. 

Message 16 of 29
Alumni

Here's the thread you're looking for! @KirstiK

Justin
Message 17 of 29

I've looked all over in the settings and can not figure out how to limit how far in advance customers can book. I guess the default is 365 days. I don't want bookings made more then 3 months in advance. How can I change this?

Message 18 of 29
Alumni

Check out the best answer on this thread I moved you to. @MaryvilleMovieN 🙂

Justin
Message 19 of 29

Hi there I’m new to Square appointments. I would like to know is there a way to force clients to book in specific time. I have three one hour  massage appointments available in a day all with 15 minutes break in between them . The first one starts at 9 AM the next day at 10:15 AM and the last  1130am If someone books an appointment at 9:30 at It will make  my scheduling for the rest of the day not work because I have other engagements after 1:00 pm for a different job . So I need them to Either book 9 AM, 1015, 1130 but not at 9:30 or 10 AM or 1140 for example thanks for your help. Cameron

Message 20 of 29

Best Answer

Hi @Cameronself and welcome to the Seller Community!! You should be able to make this work by changing your scheduling settings to offer appointments "According to service duration" on your appointments dashboard.

Thanks for working with me! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 21 of 29