x
Beta Member

Square Online - Import or Mass Edit Zip Code Tax Overrides?

Square's automatic taxes don't take into account our municipalities +1% for prepared foods. I see tax overrides and it seems that would be the route to add the additional 1% to but our municipality has 100+ zipcodes. I have no desire to do data entry on zipcodes for a few days, is there a bulk zipcode override or a county based override or some other way to manage a large set of overrides?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SecretChocolate - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

To answer this question, I suggest that you get in touch with our Square Online Store Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here. They can also let you know whether or not this is a feature request and if so, they will submit the request for you on your behalf.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks Violet. I've reached out to Support to see if there is any best practice for this kind of situation. I'll update the thread for others when I hear back.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

"We’re constantly working to improve our products and services based on the feedback we receive from customers. I’ll be sure to share this with the appropriate team."

I'm guessing the non-answer is the answer that nothing exists.. 😕 Have to ponder how I can handle this, wonder how others handle this.

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SecretChocolate I am sorry this feature is not available. You can also submit a request yourself on the Ideate Board. Our team can track and provide updates for this submission there. Please keep in mind a submission to Ideate does not guarantee this will be implemented. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Thank you, new ideate board posted for those tracking: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Commerce-Platform/Tax-Overrides-Bulk-Edit-or-County-Based-Overrid...

I'll update this thread if I find a solution or one is made available.

If someone reading this has a workaround let me know. I know of other counties that have specialty taxes that are probably not captured properly so this is a rather big boat for people to be in.

Message 6 of 6