x

Inventory management

Is there a way to see how many items you should in stock? For example I input 10 items into Square.  I then sell 6. I'm after a report that shows 10, 6 sold, therefore 4 left. Is this possible? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @amandaleigh,

There's a couple of places you can look here:

- You can view item sales reports via your online Dashboard.

- You can also view current item stock levels and export these a spreadsheet via your item inventory.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Hi Seamus. 

Thanks for your post.

is there a way to run an inventory report from the dashboard but also the Square app?

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @Cobrachilli,

Not at the moment unfortunately - you'll need to handle inventory reports via logging into our website and viewing the reporting section of your dashboard. You can however go to "items" on POS to view some basic inventory info, such as how many of an item you should have in stock at the location you're logged into on the app.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8

Thanks but I’m looking for something where I can see all items in one place, not one at a time.

You suggest to go to the reporting section but which report would I be looking for?

Cheers...

Vaughn

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @Cobrachilli,

The reporting section of your online dashboard can be found here and you can also export inventory details (including stock levels) as a spreadsheet via your the inventory section of dashboard.

Again though, the kind of item summary you're looking for on the app is not currently a feature of Square POS. If you want to view stock levels on the app, you would indeed need to go to "Items" on the app and view them one by one. This app is designed more as a point of sale app than a reporting app - I'll certainly pass your feedback to our product team as a feature request though!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8

How do I print a list of all items in my inventory

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Are you trying to print your item library list or are you looking to generate a reports of items left in inventory? @Ifthebroomfits

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 8