x

2 for $1 deals on the Square Register?

I need automated special pricing of multiple purchase deals.  I have bags of nuts, they are pre-priced by the manufacturer $1.19 / ea or 2 for $1 / ea.  I have them in my items as $1.19 / ea, when I scan them they ring up $1.19 / ea.  When a customer brings up 2, which is often and I ring two up, I need the cost to be $1.00 / ea somehow, the register needs to realize I have rung up 2 of the same item and update the price.  

Is there a way for the Square Register to realize two of the same item have been rung up and know there is a special price for 2 or more than one?  At the moment I have had to either manually ring them up at $1 / ea (which screws up my inventory and creates an unclassified entry for the day), or just give up and lose .19 on each bag, not good either way.

Is this a feature request? 🙂

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

bundling pricing and other pricing features are coming.  they are in alpha testing right now.  so there is no specific date for launch but it could be soon or the end of the year.

as for now, you can create an item with price variants with the 2 price points.

Message 2 of 4

Okay, good news.. please sooner.. 

A third way I guess I'll just leave the price as variable on those few items that they have pre-priced with the 'deal'.  Kind of slows the line a bit, but it'll do.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

This would be a great option!  Currently we get around this by offering a $$ discount to offset the price difference.

Message 4 of 4