x
BlessedBlingy

Can my employees clock-in/clock-out on Square Terminal?

Hello,

Can my employees clock-in/clock-out on Square Terminal?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Re: Square Terminal - Clock-In/Clock-Out

Hi @BlessedBlingy, your employees can absolutely clock in and out on the Square Terminal! If you're set up with Team Management, your employees will be able to clock in/out with their passcodes just as they would with any other supported device.

First, you'll want to enable timecard tracking on your device. In Settings there should be an option called Time Tracking. Ensure this is toggled on - when it is, you can double check by going back to your Checkout screen. Then follow these steps:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see an option to Log In. Go ahead and click this, then immediately look to the top right again and you'll see another option Clock In/Out.
  2. Select this option - the screen will turn blue and your employee can now enter their passcode!
  3. On the next screen, they will be prompted to confirm their "Clock In" time before selecting Clock In.

Hope this is helpful - let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Message 2 of 6
javamo

I have time tracking all setup and on the terminal you can see the clock in/clock out. Every time a new employee would clock in, it was logging out or clocking out the previous employee. I only have one terminal. How do I keep this from happening? The all have separate passcodes and are set up with basic team permissions (meaning I don't have Team Plus Subscription). Basically it hosed the machine and we had to do a reboot.  Please advise.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi @javamo and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like your employees may be on the passcode screen with the shared team permission instead of the clock in/out screen and they're entering their passcodes on the wrong screen. 

It might be best to check in with them and ask them if they're selecting the little clock at the bottom to clock in/out and and not the login screen for the team passcode.

If this isn't the case- I would contact our CS team to take a closer look at your setup and to see if this a bug.

Message 4 of 6
Hubbard

My employee's code does not work for clocking in and out.  How do I reset it for her?

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @Hubbard!

Thanks for reaching out.

To reset the Square Point of Sale passcode for your employee, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your online Square Dashboard > Employees.
  2. Click on the name of the employee you’d like to update.
  3. Under Permissions, locate the Point of Sale Passcode section.
  4. Create a new passcode or click Generate.
  5. Click Save.

Please note that it can take about 5 minutes for the new passcode to start working. Let me know if that doesn't work! 

Message 6 of 6