x
Admin

Are you selling online? Which website provider do you use? ๐Ÿ›’ ๐ŸŒ

Hey, everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹
For those of you selling online, which website provider do you use, and what do you like about it? Reply and let us know in the comments below! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 145
144 REPLIES 144

We are HoneywithStyle.com and we have used GoDaddy for 3 years.  Simple cut and paste, you can be live with a handful of pages in 1/2 hour!  Super simple to update, can handle all of my products, love it.  I use Sendle for low shipping rates.

Message 22 of 145

Hi, I'm  new in this area.. However I'm  currently  using Square free website, since I only have a small simple little business . I use a couple of social media platforms that have my Square online link pinned 

Message 23 of 145

Iโ€™m liking square so far and Iโ€™ve tried Shopify, also a good platform. For right now though Square has the simplicity I need just to get started because Iโ€™ve had to relaunch a few times trying to find a niche. Good luck!

Message 24 of 145

Add your site to squaresbay.com then you can be found by creepy craler spiders

Bscho
Message 25 of 145

Using WIX because I have multiple pages, e-commerce and the site builder is easy to use.

Message 26 of 145
Super Seller Alumni

Square Online! Easy to setup, easy to manage, and syncs with Square so I can take that same inventory to pop-ups and events and use my little Square reader. 

I looked at Wordpress as an option when I was debating what platform to use and it was beyond my understanding. Way too complicated. I also looked at Wix, and while I liked that the website was a lot more customizable, I decided not to overcomplicate my life with trying to figure out integrations between Wix and Square. Simple is always better in my world.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 27 of 145

You're in Virginia Beach!! Awesome! Do you happen to know how many products you can list? My site is www.kahnsbetterhealth.com and if you take a look, you'll see I pay WIX for a LOT of space. I just don't get seen and I have to put my inventory in so many places!!! WIX comes up for renewal soon but FREE sounds SO much better than $350! I might email you through your site to see if you get this sooner! TIA for the info!

Shannon

Message 28 of 145
Super Seller Alumni

Hi @ShannonKahn ! There is no limit! I've got thousands of items up and managing my inventory is pretty easy. Highly recommend giving it a try and save yourself that giant bill. 

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 29 of 145
Beta Member

I use Wix due to the ease of the platform and all the free graphics. I sold on Etsy for a while, but there are to many rates. I would have to raise my prices too much, so I stopped. I also have a website with WordPress which is not bad, but it is easily hacked. 

Message 30 of 145

I use Square Online. I'm a 100% online boutique, except for a few in person markets a year. I just wanted a simple, clean website that was easy to manage. It keeps track of inventory and integrates easily with in person sales. There are some features that are lacking though, specifically automatic discounts such as quantity or buy one get one free. I've been able to mostly manage work arounds for now, but I sure hope they get this added soon.

I looked at Shopify, Wix, and Wordpress before deciding on Square. Ultimately Square won for the combination of price, simplicity, and manageability.

Nicole

Owner & Founder Moon Fox Maker Studio

www.moonfoxmaker.com

Instagram | Facebook @MoonFoxMaker

Message 31 of 145

Which platform did you pick for your website?  I use square as well and picked ECWID but your website layout looks more like what I was wanting to create vs mine right now.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  

Message 32 of 145

I use Square Online (formerly Weebly) for my website. It's the Retail template as far as how the website looks. The colors and sections can be modified to fit your needs. I just have the $12/month plan because I wanted my website to have a custom domain and I also didn't need features that come with the more expensive plans. Here's info on the plans available: https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store/plans

Message 33 of 145

Yes, I use Square for inventory management, Invoicing and just recently   built my online store in a square website. It's pretty basic since it's first one I've ever tried. I'm attaching the link. Please go take a peek and let me know what u think. Let me know if you have any thoughts on changes it needs. Thanks so much!

https://twisted-trinkets-by-paige.square.site/

Message 34 of 145

This is my website using Zen Cart. Payments from customers linked with squareup.com

https://www.shadowsinthedark.com/

Message 35 of 145

Hey, that looks super great! Have you built websites alot? mine is pretty plain.  would you take a look at mine and give me your thoughts on how i can improve it a little bit please?  so many of yall on here are super impressive with your sites! im including my link for ya~

https://twisted-trinkets-by-paige.square.site/

Message 36 of 145

I have been doing my own website for a long time. Shadows in the Dark has been online since 1999. I used to do just HTML. But with the current technology and upgrades to web design, i upgraded and have been using the Zen Cart platform since 2014. Its easy to use. It uses sql database.

Message 37 of 145

Very nice site I have added you to squaresbay.com

Bscho
Message 38 of 145

Since I am colorblind, is why i have a white background. Its easier to read for that reason. Also, text descriptions should be Font Size: 3 to allow for those with low vision to be able to read without trying to strain there vision along with the darker color contrast. I have been operating my website since 1999. I have done a lot of changes compared to when i first started with just HTML design, to now HTML5 CSS and other programming. I learned all on my own with no college classes to Web Design.

Message 39 of 145

Let me have your original square site so I can add it to squaresbay.com

Bscho
Message 40 of 145

My site is not hosted by Square. Its hosted by Aplus.net. I use Square for payment processing. I do my own site for the Braille Services and Products i offer. Not bad for one who is visually impaired and for being color blind!

https://www.shadowsinthedark.com/

Message 41 of 145

Too much red and pink for me!

Message 42 of 145