x
Super Seller

Retailers: Got Plants?

We love having plants at our store. We even name them!

Plants can make great decorations, help grab people's attention, and cleanse the air. 

If you are a retailer, show us your store plants! 

If you do e-commerce, show us your house / home office plants!

@isabelle  @AdamB  @ElisabethB @Twpchair @DLRosenberg  @homeprogreen  @BofBArtStudio @Doran @Adamscottsmith @Abigails_stl  @Thevioletfox @TOTSC  @Candlestore @HC_Charlie  @Twiggy @shopfybr @VanKalkerFarms @JUYBoutique20  @JessPoynter @lenjobakes 

plant1-1.pngplant2-2.pngplant3-3.pngplant4-4.png

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Super Seller

@Twiggy  I was expecting something elaborate from you. Well done! 

Where is this at? Front of store, outside, back? 

Message 22 of 52
Super Seller

That’s the front - that’s why we don’t have a cash desk - we serve you in the space - we might hide the reader in a plant to tap - to make it a bit more fun. You can just make out the door on the left by the olive. 

Message 23 of 52
Super Seller

Haha. Creating an experience at checkout. It would probably take me a half hour to find it! 

@isabelle Can we convince the hardware team at the May 17th chat to make a plant-shaped reader?!

Message 24 of 52
Admin

We can try... LOL @TCSlaguna 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 25 of 52
Super Seller

We have apple tags on everything - never ever put your keys or wallet down randomly in store. You will never find them. Red handled scissors only ! 

Message 26 of 52
Super Seller

Ohhh idea. Moulded card reader holders 

Message 27 of 52
Super Seller

I had plants in the shop but they gave me anxiety so I put them out on the curb with a please adopt me a sign.  Some young girls pick them up and were so excited.  Now it is strictly dried florals in the shop.  I just can't keep anything else alive.  Myself, the dog, my kid my business that is all I can handle right now!  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 28 of 52
Super Seller

We love to use dried florals too. They make sections of the store stand out nicely, and complement various crystals. 

Message 29 of 52
Super Seller

I’m a fan of work with whatever is around you - or make it look like it is.  Plants attract a lot of small aphids which love the smell of coffee and orange juice - especially in the sluice sink.  I worked for Mr Christmas - I do a lot of merching 

Message 30 of 52
Super Seller

I have live plants and artificial plants and trees everywhere they are 

Message 31 of 52
Super Seller

Love selling plants in the store. I garden a lot at home, and start cuttings whenever I can so I basically get "free" inventory LOL. I think If I stocked more I'd sell more, but only have a few Money Plants (Pilea) in the shop right now. I wish I could find wholesale suppliers for plants and flowers locally, but most I've what I've found deal more with LARGE flower shop or greenhouses. But I do think as a general gift shop, if you can provide a plant or flower option you're covering some potential gift giving occasions.

I'll also post a pic of some popup "flowers" we sell in the store. I'll wait and see how long it takes @Twiggy to feel gutted. Sorry Twiggy, I'd just love to offer fresh flowers and just know I'm personally against these...but I do sell a lot of them.

IMG_7728.JPG     IMG_7729.JPG

Message 32 of 52
Super Seller

Not at all.  I’d love to sell floral add ons and cards - if your space is small, like my current premises (I’ve had 3 premises) you create a lot of condensation front the ethylene produced, which makes anything paper curl.   In todays retail climate  - if you can sell product and make a profit to live on, without killing yourself then I’m behind you all the way. 

Message 33 of 52
Super Seller

Thanks for understanding @Twiggy  🙂

i didn’t consider  about the gas production / condensation and paper curling. I’ll definitely keep that in mind since I have a lot of paper products in the store. 

Message 34 of 52
Super Seller

A few plants aren’t gonna hurt. But we have a jungle in a space 19m2 and the UK is super humid

Message 35 of 52
Super Seller

Yes - I have about 75 - Here are a few 🙂

PXL_20220513_232501919.jpgPXL_20220513_232347278.jpgPXL_20220513_232407769.jpgPXL_20220513_232414767.jpgPXL_20220513_232442007.MP.jpg

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 36 of 52
Super Seller

Incredible @MudFire_Deanna!

Must take you some time to water them, but absolutely worth it for the beauty. 

Message 37 of 52
Super Seller Alumni

Well, I'm a little late to the party, but I am LOVING all of these plant pics! Y'all are awesome 🙂  and @Twiggy ... to DIE FOR. You win LOL.

I don't think there's going to be any live plants in my physical space (now delayed to open July 1 due to renovations), because there's not much natural light in our space.  However, I am a HUGE gardener. My entire backyard and front yard is full of vegetable and flower beds, apple trees, blueberry bushes, blackberries, etc. My husband and I are veggiesauruses and try to grow a majority of what we eat. Because working full time and running your own business isn't enough, right?  RIGHT?!  😄 I'll try to get out and take some pictures in the garden today to share with you all here. Thanks for starting this @TCSlaguna - what a ray of sunshine!

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 38 of 52
Super Seller

@Thevioletfox  We are all SOO excited to see pictures of your physical space!

My veggies have flowered, but no tomatoes or cucumbers yet. Can't wait to see photos of your garden!

Message 39 of 52
Super Seller Alumni

I'm back to share some of the nicer scenes around the garden right now. Including the floppy-eared manager, Chai.

@TCSlaguna - my summer veggies have flowered but haven't started fruit yet either. Patience is the hard part. I'm still eating lots of salad and fresh peas. Canned goods from last year's garden are dwindling though so I'm ready for the fresh stuff!

20220517_120556.jpg20220517_120606.jpg20220517_120622.jpg20220517_121114.jpgDSC_0414.JPG

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
Message 40 of 52
Super Seller Alumni

a few more.  Blueberries (not ripe yet), apples (bagged because we're organic here), romaine, peas, and mulberries!

20220517_120850.jpg20220517_120945.jpg20220517_120959.jpg20220517_121043.jpg20220517_121051.jpg

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
Message 41 of 52
Super Seller

I want to grow blueberries and peas!

How do you keep the critters away? Every time I try to grow peppers or strawberries they are gone the next day! 

Message 42 of 52