x
Super Seller

Retailers: Got Plants?

We love having plants at our store. We even name them!

Plants can make great decorations, help grab people's attention, and cleanse the air. 

If you are a retailer, show us your store plants! 

If you do e-commerce, show us your house / home office plants!

@isabelle  @AdamB  @ElisabethB @Twpchair @DLRosenberg  @homeprogreen  @BofBArtStudio @Doran @Adamscottsmith @Abigails_stl  @Thevioletfox @TOTSC  @Candlestore @HC_Charlie  @Twiggy @shopfybr @VanKalkerFarms @JUYBoutique20  @JessPoynter @lenjobakes 

plant1-1.pngplant2-2.pngplant3-3.pngplant4-4.png

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Super Seller Alumni

It probably helps that I'm in suburbia rather than somewhere more rural, but the two tricks I would recommend are spicy pepper and water. Most mammals do not like getting a whiff of spicy pepper in their nose, so if you sprinkle cayenne or black pepper on and around your plants, they're likely to steer clear. That said, the critters that are going after your peppers and strawberries probably aren't interested in them for food, but for water, especially on those super hot days in the south!  So if you put out another water source for them in some way, they'll be more likely to leave your produce alone.  You'll always lose some of what you grow - that's just nature. Obviously, fencing helps too 🙂  

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 43 of 52

I'm in an urban neighborhood-- in theory. Across the street is a green belt, and there are more "green" areas close by. Our trouble is/was our first attempt at Brussels spouts-- "something" was chewing off the leaves of the starts we bought, and the center growing tip. Also eating other seedlings.  Turned out to be a rat-- but he wasn't eating the Brussels sprouts leaves-- he was using them as nesting material, along with small branches he chewed off the pom tree, and various weeds, etc. I doubt pepper would have discouraged him-- red or black. Had to chop apart the dragonfruit plant he was using,  to evict him. Since then, haven't noticed any more chewed plants. There are small bowls of water around the yard, so I don't think he was thirsty.

Kaytee
I make stuff, or I get sad.
www.simplexities.com, www.facebook.com/simplexities
Message 44 of 52
Beta Member

Just got these beauties in the store. Cant wait to show them off to my customers this Sunday at the Farmers Market. I hope they like 

them as much as I do. Wish me luck 🤞 😊

Begonia'sBegonia'sNeoregelias and Ric Rac Orchid CactusNeoregelias and Ric Rac Orchid CactusDeiffenchacia White EtnaDeiffenchacia White EtnaDeiffenbachia CrocodileDeiffenbachia Crocodile

Michelle C Ruiz
Message 45 of 52
Super Seller

we have a ton of plants ... inside as well as in our garden- we work with square seller Jonah's Garden to plant our planters, etc. The customers absolutely love 'em and honestly crystals and plants go so well together.  This is our gong room which has a full window of hanging plants.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 46 of 52

That’s beautiful! I have quite a few in my apartment as well, where hopefully I’ll be working from. And I’m addicted to crystals!

Jen

Message 47 of 52

air plant driftwood piecesair plant driftwood piecesair plant terrariumair plant terrariumair plant terrarium customair plant terrarium custom

Hello! My name is Lovely Lo and I am just starting my new business selling air plants & terrariums! I also sell candles and lovely lo merchandise. I have always loved plants, especially air plants (they are low maintenance and BEAUTIFUL), and am excited to share my creations with you all! Thought I would post some pics 😍

Message 48 of 52
Beta Member

Beautiful designs with the air plants. Congratulations!

Cindy

Message 49 of 52
Super Seller

Might have a few plants laying around 😉 couple of years ago I was building some garden beds during a Super Seller hangout. Think my tomatoes are doing pretty good this year23C7DD78-9B9C-4367-9597-27CE0D2923AD.jpeg

Message 50 of 52
Super Seller

Amazing how nature creates such a beautiful pattern. I've been staring at those tomatoes, mesmerized, for much too long. 

Message 51 of 52
Super Seller

Yeah it’s pretty cool. Those are Marzito tomatoes. A small Roma type. Really good flavor. Most of the time I am just popping them like grapes while working in the garden 🤣

Message 52 of 52