x
Admin

Welcome to the Retail and eCommerce Group! ๐Ÿ›’๐Ÿ›

Hello, and welcome to the Retail and eCommerce group in Seller Community! ๐Ÿ‘‹

We launched this group to connect retail sellers and provide a place to share tips, knowledge, ideas, and more. 

If you're new to the group, feel free to reply here and introduce yourself and your business, or start a new thread about anything you want!

If you haven't already joined the group, visit the group home page and click the "Join Group Hub" button.

We're looking forward to getting to know you! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151

Hi Tasha, your candles are beautiful. We have a soy cbd candle line in our cbd company. Can you recommend any other great platforms to sell them on besides Ebay, Etsy, and Amazon? I'd love to swap info:)

Message 43 of 152
Super Seller

Hi. My name is Deanna and my wife and I own MudFire in Decatur GA - we are an open access pottery studio and date-night event space with a mentorship program for young artists (like an incubator for their businesses). We have been with Square since 2019 and haven't looked back ๐Ÿ™‚

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 44 of 152

Hi Im Barry,

Im a beekeeper who found the best way to support my Bees was to sell premium honey and quality wax products at a local farmers market that started up before Covid and continued throughout to support the local community. The need to take contactless payment with a mobile device led to an initial purchase of the square and later the square terminal they both work really well for me. 

Message 45 of 152

Hi, Barry,

One of my grown sons used to work for a beekeeper until he got stung so many times he became allergic to the bee stings. That's hard work! The fresh, pure honey we got from those hives was SO much better than what can be found in stores. You are doing a wonderful thing. KUDOS to you and your business. (Where are your bees located?) 

Message 46 of 152
Super Seller

Hi Barry! Where are you located? Would love to support your bees and buys some honey if you're in my area ๐Ÿ™‚ 

-Andrea 

Andrea with Kei Collective - an artist collective with a shop in Phoenix, AZ

We're a Square Super Seller - We're here to help!
Message 47 of 152

Hi! I'm Taiya, founder of Crooked Cactus CBD.  We sprouted in 2017 after using CBD to manage my son's multiple special needs.  We've been with Square since the early days of their CBD beta program. For those that don't know, banking is super hard for us in the industry and I'm so thankful for Square. We sell online and at live events but not our own brick-and-mortar.  We manufacture most of our products from oils, tinctures, elixirs, topicals, edibles, and more.  My 11-year-old also has a business with Square called Bubble Bee Bombs, any other kidpreneurs here?

Taiya
founder Crooked Cactus CBD
clean label remedies for body & mind
www.CrookedCactusCBD.com
socials: @CrookedCactusCBD
Message 48 of 152
Beta Member

Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii! For the past seven years I have had a business designing and bleach discharging t-shirts that celebrate the Hawaiian Islands. My business is about 90% in person, at farmers markets. I do have a Square website where I can take custom orders. For about a year, I also made custom masks, and that business was 90% online- so I have a bit of experience with both types of retail. 

Message 49 of 152

Hi my name is Lisa and I own a childrenโ€™s boutique in NC. I sell childrenโ€™s clothes, toys, gifts , and handmade gifts. Iโ€™m trying to start a online website and look forward in seeing how other retailers manage their brick and mortar store along with online sales. 

Message 50 of 152
Super Seller

Hey everyone.  My name is Ernestine Brown and I am the Founder at The Old Town Soap Company in San Diego, California (Liberty Station).  My company specializes in the responsible sourcing of All-Natural ingredients for incorporation into our beautifully handcrafted Personal Care & Wellness products.  We also specialize in customization, personalization, party favors and workshops.  Please remember to follow us on social media for all the latest happenings.  Take care and looking forward to connecting with you all!!

FB/IG/Linkedin- @theoldtownsoapcompany

Twitter-TOTSCBOX

Message 51 of 152

Hey Everyone! So excited for the new group. I'm Chris, my husband and I own Duly Noted. We are a paper goods, party and gift shop located in the historical Georgetown neighborhood in Washington, DC. We are just coming up on our first anniversary, we opened the shop in March 2021, when I needed a change from my job at a national news outlet.

Message 52 of 152
Super Seller

A shop with stationary -- that's my weakness!!  What would you say your top selling item is? 

Andrea with Kei Collective - an artist collective with a shop in Phoenix, AZ

We're a Square Super Seller - We're here to help!
Message 53 of 152

Hi,

I'm Sharon Eisenberg and I own Rollershirts, www.rollershirts.com. I design and sell roller skating related apparel and more, and recently started selling handcrafted items. Additionally, I do heat pressed vinyl names and numbers on shirts, roller derby helmet names & numbers, and small requests for custom shirt creation. I also provide graphic design services, in addition to sourcing images for custom requests. I'm on Instagram at rollershirts1 and Facebook at rollershirts. 

Sharon Eisenberg
Message 54 of 152

Hey there! Iโ€™m Tod, the owner of Plant Based Candles.

We make organic coconut wax candles in beautiful hand-made and hand-painted vessels designed to be used as planters after theyโ€™ve burned through.

www.plantbasedcandles.com

Each candle sold comes with a wildflower seed card to plant, and funds environmental conservation initiatives.

Love and respect to all the small businesses out there!

Message 55 of 152

love your candles Tod!!  and your website is great also! Do you do wholesale by chance?? I give you ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ and I haven't even tried them yet!  I haven't reviewed everything yet, but are these all organic oils that you use?? Thanks, Rona

Message 56 of 152

Hi Iโ€™m Paula with Paulaโ€™s Prayer Beads. I make and sell rosary beads, chaplets and Catholic jewelry. I sell mostly on Etsy but also at church events in New England. I am based in southern Maine. 

Message 57 of 152

Message 58 of 152

Hello, Everyone,

I'm Chris Norbury, a self-published "authorpreneur" of three mystery-thriller books. I live in southern Minnesota and have been using Square to sell my books for about two years.

Good luck to all small business owners. It's a jungle out there!

Chris

Message 59 of 152

Hi, Chris, 

I'm also self-published and my WWII fighter pilot non-fiction biography just came out in November. What's your strategy for promoting your books? I'm struggling with how to get mine noticed!

Message 60 of 152

Thanks for the invite. Happy to

join. 

Message 61 of 152

Hi, I'm Rona, the founder, designer and handcrafter behind Do Good Collar Co.  My company is a dog collar brand that designs + makes meaningful dog collars and leashes for pet parents who want to make a difference in this world. Each design is branded with our motto.  I would really love input on my designs and website.  Not super thrilled with the site but it'll work for now...

Our goal is to create a community of like-minded pet lovers, who will join the Do Good family in helping pets and people in need through purchases made in our online shop. I give 10% of each sale proceed to provide food + other supplies to various organizations. I only have a webstore and will be doing local craft shows.  

I'm struggling with SEO and SM trolls on my posts that only want me to pay them to get me fake followers. : /.

My cause is that when I "see a need to serve the need" and am looking to partner up with Greater Good and Don't Forget the Pets as I love what they're doing around the country for homeless people with pets, domestic violence victims with pets and shelters. 

Message 62 of 152

What's up! I'm Jonathan part owner of Uncle Tony's Donut Shoppe, a new and used vinyl record store with locations in Orlando, FL and Washington, DC! We specialize in Jazz, Funk, Hip-Hop, World Music, and beyond! We have been using Square for a few years now! We wrote an app to integrate our listings via online marketplace Discogs with our Square Point of Sale and are absolutely in love with Square's API!  

Pleasure to meet everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 63 of 152