x
Beta Member

Allow Customers To Book Online One Service With Multi-Staff

We are a Virtual Reality arcade. We have our Virtual Realty Booths set as Staff Members. These booths can handle 1 customer at a time during a specific time slot. i.e. 30 min, 45 min, 60 min, but we have multiple booths. So a customer with a family/group can book multiple booths at the same time slot. Right now when customers book online, they have to book each booth and time slot one by one for each member of their family/group. Will there be a feature to be able to book 1 type of service during 1 time slot for multi-staff?

How we want it:
Customer chooses 1 service: 30-min, 45-min, or 60-min.
Customer chooses 1-6 multi-staff: Booth1, Booth2, Booth3, Booth4, Booth5, and/or Booth6.
Customer choose time slot for availability of those open staff for their length of service: 2:00pm - 10:00pm.

For Example: We want customers to go to our booking site. Choose 60-min service ($35), then choose Booth 1, Booth 2 and Booth 3 at 3:00pm. Their total bill would be $35 x 3 Booths = $105.00. 

The way its done now: Customers choose 60-min service ($35), then system chooses Any Available staff, then they choose 3:00pm. They then check out for $35. Then if they want multiple booths, they have to do it all over again for as many booths at they want.

The problem: They can't see how many booths are available because they have to check out each booth at a time. So if there are only 2 booths available for that time slot, and then they book 2 booths and want to book a 3rd booth, they wouldn't know it wasn't available until they go to book the 3rd and that time slot isn't available. Also, its a huge inconvenience to book and checkout multiple times.

Not a solution: We can't create a service that is 1-Booth, 2-Booths, 3-Booths, etc., because the time slot is booked on our calendar. And they only way to add an appointment to our calendar, as well as integrate with our Google Calendar, is the booths HAVE to be setup as Staff Members.

I see there is a multi-service that opens a multi-staff, but its not a multi-service, its ONE service for multi-staff. CAN WE PLEASE GET AN OPTION TO BOOK MULTI-STAFF WITHOUT MULT-SERVICE?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

That's a really good option to have.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that feature is available at the moment.  You could request this feature with square so that it can be added to the que for new features for the appointment side.

Sorry I couldn't be more help 🙂

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

How can I submit this feature to Square? It would make life so much easier for my customers. Edit: Also, probably generate more business for us and Square. 🙂

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @VRtual 👋

If you haven't done so yet. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Done. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5