x

Can you put specific appointment times for your availability vs a range?

I want to be able to set specific times for my appointments some days not a range.

Example – Mondays and Tuesdays I want available time slots of 3:45p and 7:15p (not a range – just those 2 time slots)

I am a massage therapist so my clients will be booking different timed services (60min or 90min). I have my schedule set for appointments on the quarter hour which I want to keep so it gives more varying time slots available - instead of for example if I have it set by the service duration it will only show 1pm or 2:15pm if someone is trying to book a 60min. I want it to give the options at 15mins intervals for more availability... so I don't want to change that.

So back to my schedule I am looking for.... right now how I have it set it works perfectly if someone is trying to schedule a 90min (3:45p and 7:15p come up) but for a 60min it gives the possibility of 3:45, 4, 4:15 and then 7:15, 7:30, or 7:45 (which I do not want)

I know you can "add a personal event" and block time but I can't because I don't know what service they will be booking so I can't block it off properly.

Any insight you can give is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @ALT3 

At his time this is considered a Feature Request as Square Appointments is currently focused on Time availability and not spaces available. We’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Appointments. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I have a similar issue and as I have read across the VERY many threads, the same recurring issue over and over again. Part of the problem is the HELP GUIDES arenʻt actually helpful. I have followed other threads which suggested making blocks of time available via the Staff option - however, as I am an Owner/Operator, meaning I am the sole Practitioner, when I try to implement that solution, the SAVE/DONE button is greyed out. So I canʻt use that solution.

NONE of the options Iʻve seen in Square Appointments seem to work effectively and this is the theme of many in the Community asking for help with it. Which means that the Booking System isnʻt working for the Customer Base

Although my appointments may vary in duration, I want to block specific 2 hour time periods with 45 mins - 1 hour in between Clients so I can set up my days: 09:30am - 11:30am | 12:30pm - 2:30pm | 3:30pm - 5:30pm.

So if Clients book the 09:30am spot, then it doesnʻt actually matter which Service they book because I allow the same amount of time for each Service Booking which gives me flexibility if I run over time with some Clients.  The way Square Appointments seems to work is to limit the Customisation of the Booking System to individual needs - for example Practitioners have different service needs to a Nail Artist.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW:  can I block specific 2 hour time periods with 45 mins - 1 hour in between Clients so I can set up my days: 09:30am - 11:30am | 12:30pm - 2:30pm | 3:30pm - 5:30pm. - YES OR NO. If No, fine I will use the System I use for my other business where Students book individual time with me as above. I wanted to use Square because I already use the payment gateway.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @JuliaLomilomi

Your Appointments availability follows the open hours you set up for each of your locations. 

You can add or delete open hours in your settings and setting your location to be open for two hours and closed for 45 minutes - an hour throughout the day is possible. 

If you'd like to ensure that only one appointment is scheduled during the 2-hour period you are available, then you can simply block time after the appointment, making the time each appointment blocks on your calendar 2 hours. 

You can learn how to manage the business information that affects your Appointments settings here.

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4