x

How do you configure add-on services in Square Appointments. Is it options?

Hi all,

I'm not entirely sure how to configure my add-on services for clients to choose from at checkout. It's not clear if it's the options feature and there's no documentation on how to set that up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @mylb 

At this time Add-on Services at checkout is a feature request. The Options setting you're referring to is used to manage your Item Variations more efficiently. You can learn more about Options here.

Now, in regards to your feature request, I will make sure to pass this over to our product team for visibility.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Hi @mylb,

We've found a pretty good work around for this for our barber shop. Essentially we created an 'Extras' category of smaller add-on type services into our service library.

That way when people are booking a haircut (in our case), they can also tick 'eyebrow waxing' under 'Extras' which technically is a regular service, but sort of appears like an add-on.

We've also created services with popular variations, so say under haircuts, we also have added an option for haircut + eyebrow waxing for a fixed price too which we've found massively helps our older customers when they're booking because they don't scroll as far / explore other stuff. 

You can see out setup here: https://book.slic.ke 

Hope that helps!

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 3 of 3