x
Beta Member

Is there a way to block the availability of a resource on certain days?

I need to find a way to block out a resource as unavailable on certain days.  I tried setting up a 24 hour $0 appointment with that resource, but it defaulted to 8 hrs, 40 minutes.  The business is open for longer, but the room is unavailable for the entire day and i want to ensure that appointments that need that room aren't booked.  Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Dragon18 - Thank you for submitting your request to the Square Appointments Ideate Board 💡

I'm happy to help but will need some more detail in order to better understand your request. Is the "resource" that you are wanting to block off a service or an item that you offer? Additionally, are you wanting particular services that require the use of the room you're referring to, to be blocked off from being booked after a certain time?

Whenever you have a moment, please reply to this message with a little more information to describe your question. I'll be sure to follow up as soon as possible! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

The resource is a room.

The service requires use of that room.

The room is unavailable on certain days (due to maintenance), but not all of our services require that room, just some.  I just want to find a way to make the resource unavailable to book but still allow other service appointments to be made.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Got it. Thank you for the explanation, @Dragon18!

If you have not already, I recommend reaching out to the Square Appointments Support Team to see if they have any suggested workarounds to accomplish this setup. If they do not, this would certainly be a feature request 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

THIS!!! I have been trying to figure this out as well. Some of my treatment rooms are rented out on certain days making them unavailable to myself & employees for services. 

Message 5 of 5