x

Square Appointments Widget Issue: Displaying Staff Profile in Header

On my salon site, I've set up individual service provider pages. Each page uses the Square Appointments widget for online bookings. While the widget displays company branding, when set up for a single staff member, it should ideally show that staff's profile at the top. Currently, it doesn't, so its unclear that you're booking with that staff member only.

How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hey @AmberBorne.  I think I have a solution or two to help you out.  But in order to be sure, could you please reply with your website URL?  Thanks!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6

Thanks.  Here's an example stylist page with booking widget (that doesn't display the selected staff just company header) included below: https://www.borne.co/stylists/ 

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Thank you!  Sometimes it just helps to visualize what is going on.  That was perfect.  So, right now I can only offer two suggestions.

First, I agree that this is a shortcoming of the Appointments Widget.  Unfortunately, the only avenue you have for this is to go to the Ideate Board and submit a feature request to the Appointments Team.  They will review it and get back with you.  I’d recommend that you do a screen shot or two of the page you linked to me, then mark it up showing what you want and where.  Also, explain why you feel like this will be a good idea not just for you but for all sellers.

Secondly, in the here and now while you are waiting, how opposed would you be to replacing the widget with a button?  You could copy the HTML button code, and after you past it change the text of the button from “Book an appointment” (see screen shot) to “Book an appointment with Amber!”  At least that should clue people in about what will happen when they press the button.

I hope that helps, and good luck with the feature request!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

IMG_4848.jpeg

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your help - I will try your recommendations.

Cheers!

Message 6 of 6