x

I was hoping for a renewal offer from Square Capital.

So we have already paid off our 1st loan with square capital and it was a few months ago. 

I have re-inquired on many different occasions for another offer but I keep on getting the same response. 

We paid off our first loan off in 6 months. 

How can we get another loan offer?  I believe we are eligible for another loan offer as we are making more this year. 

Can someone please look into our account. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

There are hundreds of factors that go into determining whether you are offered additional loans. Processing more money certainly helps, but it is not the only factor.

Even if all of your metrics look great - increased customer traffic, increased transaction size, no chargebacks or disputes, good mix of returning and new customers, etc. - the exact amounts by which these numbers need to improve to get a new loan is really impossible for anyone to say. The benchmarks are continually changing based on market conditions, how much capital Square has available to loan out at that time, etc.

Unfortunately the generic advice of “just keep processing”, while infuriating to hear, is really the best anybody can say. The computer algorithm is constantly checking everybody’s accounts to see if they qualify for a new loan and will let you know as soon as you do qualify.

To be blunt, it is simply not worth Square’s time to sit down and individually go through every request for a loan. They have many millions of customers and have set up the capital algorithm to avoid just such labor.  Personal review by a Square agent is unlikely to give a different result,  because if the account meets sufficient benchmarks to offer a loan, the algorithm most likely would’ve offered one already.

Message 2 of 6

Before you get too anxious about another Capital Loan did you figure the high cost of these loans especially when you pay them off in six months? I figured my equivalent interest rate was more than 35% when I paid my loans off in about five months. You could do better with a credit card loan even at 22-percent. 

Message 3 of 6

I like the square capital team because we can pay back with a portion of our payments we receive.

Message 4 of 6

Did you ever get another offer?

Message 5 of 6

We are at 77% paid in less than 4 months so if they don't renew they will lose a lot of interest. I am going to have to make a decision in the next week or so to stay with square or do paypal because after you processs 20k with paypal, you can apply for a loan. Square needs to ramp up their program and let people apply whenever because I am seeing them lose a lot of business because of them not offering loans to people that have paid them a lot of money. Personally I like the way they take payments but I have to make the best decision for our business as we are about to open our second location and need the extra funds to ramp that up. Good luck!

Message 6 of 6