x

Looking to find another credit card company, does it work with square?

I have been with square for 3 years and have been paying a good chunk of money in fees but i didnt mind because of the square capital. I am opening up my 3rd location and was eligible for a loan so i applied. Later was denied because i have same ein for 2 locations and a loan. I said ok thats fine then i want a lower fee then and they said they cant yet. They cant work with me with what i need so i cant work with them. I am currently at $77,400 in credit cards this year so far not including new business which is estimated in another $10,000 a month minimum in credit sales. Anyone recommend a different processing card company and will it work with square? If not looking to switch all equipment. I have a partnership ein # in 1 and a llc ein in the other 2 locations. 3 different licenses and working on the 4th license. Yes i am upset because of this but i am giving them a lot of business. I also tried to see if they would do loan and could pay off old loan and nope. I do payroll, employee tracking also along with the processing fees.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Square IS a credit card processor.  So, no..you won't be able to slot in a different processor while still utilizing the Square P.O.S. framework and hardware. 

Message 2 of 7

You can use the swipper, for most other merchants, there are tons out there though, good luck; i suspect Square is going to lose a ton of customers, theyll gain some too,

Message 3 of 7

So you are saying you can use other merchant while still using square?

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

You will not find any Merchant processors that integrate with Square Hardware... That's just the way it is. It would be a bit like asking a Hotel's room service to clean your bathroom at home.

*I should preface this next part by saying that I am a huge fan of Square and all they do!
But we do use a separate merchant processor to run cards. It all happened because we need the ability to run EBT and debit cards... Not just credit cards. To be fair, Square's 2.75% isn't that bad. You'll find other processors average about the same. Honestly, if I didn't have to accept EBT cards, I would stick with Square's processing. It's ease of use, and continuity is worth it alone... 

At any rate. We swipe cards in a sperate terminal and run it through Square's POS as if it were a cash payment. Good luck getting Square Capital without using their merchant features though.

Message 5 of 7

I’ve used the Square hardware successfully with PayPal before.

Message 6 of 7

Two immediate ideas are PayPal and your bank.

PayPal also has a loan program with better rates than Square offers. 

Frankly Square's Capital Loan program is terribly expensive. I figure the effective interest rate at,above 35% because I pay back the loans in five months. 

Message 7 of 7