x

Dispute found in favor or merchant despite proof merchant said to dispute payment to get refund?

I placed a childrens place order, But I never received it. I do have issues because where I live we have a pine avenue and a Pine Street which is close by, like a minute away. So I always make sure to put pine avenue And I always put to leave by the gargoyle at the front. The people on Pine Street never give any packages back, and the police already said that there's nothing they can do since it was mis-delivered And to reach out to the seller, as well as the shipping company to let them know to investigate. So I did that with the children's place stuff that I had ordered, and what they did was they reshipped my order. Same thing happened. Delivered to the wrong door , wrong address. Reached out again to them, they opened an investigation, and in turn found my package was mis-delivered but because they already issued a redelivery, they told me to dispute the transaction, and to further help get my money back. Also sent an email stating the same thing. So I had disputed the charge and sent in the email. Came back yesterday to check on the dispute and it was found in favor of the merchant. Reached out to the merchant and was told that it all goes through the bank and that they themselves cannot issue a refund. What do I do?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Jennarae1994 👋

I'm sorry to hear about the dispute outcome. 

Disputes are investigated by the card issuing bank and the outcome is decided by them. Square only acts as an intermediary, collecting information from the merchant and sending it to the bank. 

If you are the customer in this case and paid using a Square Card, our banking partner investigates the claim and decides whether the funds are returned to your account. 

Even if the merchant advised you to file a dispute, each dispute has to be investigated and the card issuing bank will resolve the dispute either in your favor or the merchant's favor.

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2