x

How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?

How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Happy to help clarify. To get going, you can link and edit your bank account directly from your Square Dashboard. Once you have your new bank account verficiation started, if you want to remove the previous one - just give us a call when you're free. After verifying some additional security details, we can can remove that account and assure that no other deposits are sent to it. Please keep in mind our phone lines are open  Monday - Friday from 6AM - 6PM PT. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Super Seller Alumni

From your Dashboard, navigate to Account & Settings, then Account, then Bank Accounts.  You will get a screen showing your bank accounts and only one of them should show as 'Active'.  That will be the account that Square will deposit your funds to.

Also from that page: "Your funds will only be deposited into a verified bank account. Verification usually takes a few minutes, but for some banks can take up to 4 business days. If you change bank accounts, your money will continue to be deposited into your existing account until the new account is verified."  So if the new account has been verified, that's the account that Square will use.

Judy T Shumway
Message 64 of 71

How do I unlink an account

Message 65 of 71
Alumni

At this time, it's not possible to remove your bank account from your Square account without replacing it with a new bank account.

However, if you reach out to our Support Team by phone, they can help you remove the bank account altogether @Bossblock.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 66 of 71

How do I prevent my transactions to go to the old account? My current bank account is still in  progress of verification

Message 67 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Great question! 

In order to stop transfers from reaching your old bank account you will want to switch your Transfer Options to Manual Transfer

Here's how to do that: 

You are able to pause automatic nightly transfers and change to manual transfers, directly from your online Square Dashboard, or from the Square app.

1. Navigate to Settings in your online Square Dashboard or Square Point of Sale app.
  2. Select Balance.
  3. Under Transfer Schedule > select Manual.

You can learn more about Manual Transfer here. I hope this information is helpful @Karenalaniz1.

JJ
Message 68 of 71

I've already set the acct to manual transfers

Message 69 of 71

Out of Date information.

There should be  information on the account info pages about deletion/removal...

Message 70 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @worldcon - Thanks for pointing that out! Are you still having trouble with this? If so, we do have the instructions for editing your linked bank account here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 71 of 71