x
Beta Member

Schedule Automatic Transfers from Checking?

I've used Square Savings for several months but I'm new to Square Checking - opened up an account on a whim to see what it's like. After doing so, there seems to be no way to automatically schedule transfers to my external bank account (where literally 99.9% of my purchases are still made since this account is not even a day old yet) and I can't find a way to move money easily. The only option appears to be accessing my Balance dashboard daily and making a 1-2 business day transfer (just like Square offers anyway) before the end of business cut-off. Of course there's also the instant transfer option with a 1.5% fee. Otherwise, my funds will sit in that account indefinitely until they're moved or spent.

All of my options from before - controlling the end-of-day times, what days to send out automatic transfers to my external account, etc - have disappeared. I know that the major benefit is all of my funds are immediately available in Square Checking, and via the physical debit card that is still being printed, but it's jarring to be forced to make that transition. I guess I just assumed there would still be a transfer schedule option.

Is there any way to automatically set up these transfers for certain days or will I be forced to manually move money and hope I don't seriously disrupt the flow in my external account?

If there is no way to do this, please explain how I can quickly deactivate the Square Checking account to avoid the transfer disruptions.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @alyssaissofine 

I'm not super familiar with Square Checking, but based off reading this thread, and the lack of responses, that when switching over to a Square checking it (they) most likely removed the option to auto transfer into your external since you now have a "checking" account via square.  

I would suggest maybe posting in the Ideate section to gain interest on this problem and maybe a work around or future update can be provided.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I experienced the same thing. This is very silly. I'd hate to cancel the square checking just to get around this...

Message 3 of 3