x

Custom Text info not showing on invoices

I'm trying to create an invoice template and am using invoice customization. I've added my logo, etc. but there's also a "custom text" field that I've filled out, but that text doesn't show up when I then create an invoice. How can I make that custom text appear?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Hi, if the custom text is able to save without an error displaying, maybe adjust the logo size?  The logo may be covering it.  In my experience, logos are stinkers for throwing off everything else.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale & Boutique Collection - hanger-hues.square.site

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 21

Hmm, that doesn't seem to be it. Any idea where the custom text is supposed to appear on an invoice?

Message 3 of 21

Hi, I am not sure of where you are in the dashboard, so included my steps here:  Square Dashboard, Invoices, Settings, to Invoice Customization goes to Account & Settings Business receipt, under Custom Text I added "Custom Text" as example.  

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 1.10.23 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 21

Yes, it shows up in that view, but when I use preview on an actual invoice the custom text doesn't show up anywhere. Does it for you?

Message 5 of 21

Hi, yes you are correct it does not in the preview.  Found the overview on Square. 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/subtopic/253

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 21

Thanks for the help. I hope I can get this to work. Seems very strange they specifically have a place to enter custom text and then it doesn't actually show up on the invoice!

Message 7 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @seaussy - thanks for inquiring on this. I can definitely agree, this seems like a misstep on our part by not including this custom text field within the Invoice preview. I am flagging this over to our Invoice Team for further visibility.

Thanks, again! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 21

Hi,im having the same issue, by any chance any updates on this?

Thank 

Message 9 of 21
Admin

Hey @akheirkhahvash!

Are you experiencing this issue with Square Invoices or Square receipts? 

Message 10 of 21

Hi there.  I am having the same issue except it's with my receipt.  I did a test purchase and the receipt is missing the custom text. Please help!!

Message 11 of 21

Hi there, @cooie_antics 👋 We are here to help! So sorry to hear about the trouble with your custom text on receipts.

Let's troubleshoot a bit. Can you list the steps you took to include the custom text within the receipt? Did you save your content once you edited it on the Dashboard?

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Message 12 of 21

Hello Joe! 

I was wondering if you had found any solutions to this issue.  I am having the same problem.  Specifically with the Return Policy and contact information (Facebook, Instagram, website) - these show up in the preview on the left hand side of my screen when I am editing but do not show up at all on my invoice or receipt.  

Also, I am having to reset when my reminder emails go out every time I send an invoice. This is very time consuming.  Isn’t that another field that should be saved as my default settings? 

Thank you in advance foe your support!  I am attempting to fully switch over from paypal to square for the new year but these issues have me hesitant to do so.  Please help! 🙂 

Message 13 of 21

Before you send the invoice when its finalized.  Go to custom text or message at the bottom and put what you want in there then move the slider saying (save as default message)

Then everytime you send an invoice to anyone that custom text will stay there. Took me a long tim to figure it out.

Message 14 of 21
Beta Member

invoices.jpgI Just noticed this as well. I have the "additional text fields" set up - and in the preview online (in settings) you can see it but nothing appears on the emailed invoice. There is "add a custom field" on the create invoice screen but that's for Invoices Plus.

Message 15 of 21

Hey there @hudson2001

I just checked your most recent receipt and it looks like all the expected information is there. If you are still experiencing this I will recommend reaching out to our Support team so they can look at this with you in real time. You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Message 16 of 21
Beta Member

Do I get a different copy of the receipt than my customers get? I checked my most recent receipt and there is no text on the bottom of the receipt.

Message 17 of 21

Yes, your customers get a digital receipt for their purchase. You can see this receipt if you go to the transaction and click on the 4 letter identifier on your Square Dashboard Transactions.

JJ
Message 18 of 21
Beta Member

Hmmm. I SWEAR the text used to appear on the emailed copy of the invoice.

Message 19 of 21

You can definitely double-check this with our support team for them to confirm if there is a way to display this in the actual invoice as well. 

You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. 

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Message 20 of 21

Expand your screen so that it reduces the size on the font down to 70-80%, then it should show up

Message 21 of 21