x

What time are recurring invoices sent out

I noticed when setting up recurring invoices I could not choose to send it out on the same day I created it.  I had to choose at least one day into the future. Is there a reason for that?

Also, is there a default time of day a recurring invoice will get sent out?  Do we have any control over the time of day they get sent out?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Kellymaj and @CabdriverD - Sorry this didn't get a reply sooner!

You can definitely start recurring invoices the same day — but only before 10am in your time zone.

Under Start Series, it will automatically choose the next day, but if it's before 10am you can select the current date and it will change to Start Series: Immediately.

Invoices are typically sent out at 10am (your time zone) on the scheduled day. Unfortunately, you are not able to customize the time at the moment.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Kellymaj-- did you ever get an answer to your question? I have exactly the same question,... 

Message 2 of 13
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Kellymaj and @CabdriverD - Sorry this didn't get a reply sooner!

You can definitely start recurring invoices the same day — but only before 10am in your time zone.

Under Start Series, it will automatically choose the next day, but if it's before 10am you can select the current date and it will change to Start Series: Immediately.

Invoices are typically sent out at 10am (your time zone) on the scheduled day. Unfortunately, you are not able to customize the time at the moment.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 13

Two things about this... 1) I've tried to send out same day before and it gave me an error, telling me I had to choose a day after today. 2) and more urgently, I have recurring invoices setup and there are three scheduled to go out today (Set these up a few days ago), and haven't gone out yet. I have three other recurring invoices that were successfully sent at the usual time of around 10am. 

Message 4 of 13
Admin

Thank you for your patience @jtd1216 and so sorry for the confusion.

You can start a series 'Immediately' before 10am (your time zone). If you try to start the series 'Immediately' but after 10am, you'll see a red banner asking you to choose a later date. We've updated the post above to make this clearer! 

I'm sorry to hear about the delay with the recurring invoices that you did set up! Occasionally there can be a slight delay, but if your invoices are delayed by several hours/a day please let our Support team know so we can investigate this for you.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 13

How do i know the time when my recurring invoices will charge the client's card on file? I own a cleaning service and we collect payment after services so i do not want the invoices to charge before we finish but after we are finished cleaning.

Message 6 of 13
Alumni

@Leon2alexander

Looks like @Helen has the answer to your question on this thread. I moved your post so you can see it 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 13

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Active invoices

What time do reoccurring invoices get sent?  

I set up reoccurring invoices that should go out today, Nov. 1st.  It's about 9:45 am, and they haven't been sent.  Just curious if anyone knows what time they will be sent?  

Message 8 of 13
Admin

Hello @Cmk! Recurring Invoices are sent at 10am in your time zone.

This question has come up before so I'm adding your post to this thread so you can read more details about recurring ivnocies

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 13

my recurring invoices always post on the 19th for some reason have not posted today. i checked "scheduled" and they are still scheduled for Jan 19th. ive had the same customers using recurring billing for many years so this has been set up for many years. 

Message 10 of 13
Admin

@TeamSqueegee I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your invoices. If your invoices still have not sent by now, you will want to contact Square Support so they can have a closer look at the account details. 

I've also merged your post to an existing thread that will help shed some more light on when recurring invoices are sent out. I hope it helps.

AshleyK
Message 11 of 13

I want to create a recurring invoice, but also need to modify the exact date each month on which it sends. Is this possible? Can I do a bulk edit of invoices (for date?)

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TCCok - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers. At this time, what you're describing is more of a feature request. So that this can become a part of the Square platform and make life a bit easier for you and other sellers, i'd recommend adding it to our ideate board. This is the best way to gain visibility on your request by our engineers and other sellers who may be able to contribute to the request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 13 of 13