x

Has anyone got another capital offer after being denied?

I am wondering if square will ever offer another capital loan to a business once denied.  I have had 5 previous capital loans and paid them back without issue, even a couple early.  I recently applied to get another loan (for a small portion of what was being offered) and was denied.  So before I go looking elsewhere or change processors for one that may offer me loans in the future ... does anyone know firsthand if square may offer me again a loan?  or once you get denied do they remove you from all potential offers in the future?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Akleo

For something like this - I would reach out directly to our Capital Team. They would be able to shed some insight on the specifics of your account and loan status. - http://squ.re/contact/

(Tip: after clicking the link above, hit More > I Don't See My Issue. There, our phone number will generate along with your customer code).

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Akleo

For something like this - I would reach out directly to our Capital Team. They would be able to shed some insight on the specifics of your account and loan status. - http://squ.re/contact/

(Tip: after clicking the link above, hit More > I Don't See My Issue. There, our phone number will generate along with your customer code).

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I did reach out to them.  The reason they gave me was ...

• Your business is connected to another Square account with a loan through Square Capital that has experienced a decline in processing. All Square accounts with existing loans must continue processing card transactions consistently until the loan is repaid.

That is not true. My business was not connected to any other square account.  I did have part ownership in a Totally separate entity that was using square and did see a decline in processing .  That capital loan has been repaid. 

The current business that I have had 5 successful paid back loans has seen a increase in gross credit card sales this year.  

Just wondering if this will exclude me in the future from offers with my remaining business.  I don't feel square will give me that answer... it would be a canned response so I'm asking if anyone that has ever been declined sees any future offers?

Message 3 of 6

I have had 11 capital loans always paid back in 6 months , I recently got my 12 loan offer and they denied me because they said I Was using a payment fir a cash advance ? Not true , two times I used my husbands credit card that is associated with a totally other financial institution to move money into my account because we paid a home bill out of the account 11 loans no chargebacks at all and they denied me I asked when a possible offer would come again and they have no answers !

Message 4 of 6

Did they ever eventually offer you again? 

Message 5 of 6

They did the exact same thing to me, it was a coworker purchasing a pair of shears from me and they called it cash advancing. Then told me I can't take payments from family. friends or coworkers. I do hair for all of those people and I do NOT do it for free!! I have been their customer since they started Square and have never had a problem before, it's crazy!!

Message 6 of 6